Full Time Job
Transportation Lead, Carrier Management
Universal Music Group
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionUniversal Music Manufacturing & Logistics is seeking an experienced Transportation Lead with a focus on Carrier Management to support the US physical supply chain with domestic transportation.
This role is responsible for actively engaging with, managing, and monitoring carriers and transportation partners while collaborating with the Transportation & Logistics Team and business stakeholders to assist with negotiating contractual agreements, acquiring necessary approvals, and performing business reviews. In addition, this role will track, monitor, and report to transportation leadership vendor performance, compliance and opportunities for cost savings and improvement.
How you'll CREATE:
• Conduct research on proposed vendors prior to approval and implementation
• Assist in creation of new carrier onboarding program, create written and visual process documentation, and development of required materials related to carrier setup and compliance Establish standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors
• Manage and track progress of onboarding, contract renewals, and provide status reports to key stakeholders/management
• Facilitate meetings with vendors regarding implementation status, issues, project tasks and to recommend actions to improve performance and mitigate risks.
• Develop and maintain carrier and transportation partner library for contracts, communication, and insurance documents
• Maintain open communication with UMG Supply Chain Team, carriers, distribution providers, manufacturers, and suppliers
• Manage routing code maintenance and negotiated rates with internal systems and warehouse partners
• Ensure additional carrier capacity is secured for warehouse partners with incremental project volumes
• Participate in strategic planning, supplier selection, qualification, cost reduction and value analysis initiatives
• Support Transportation Team with shipment and exception management during peak periods
• Project management support for the enhancement of internal tools and software
Bring your VIBE:
• Solid knowledge of transportation modes, cost, and geography
• Proficient in transportation management systems (TMS) or an order management system
• Able to understand, interpret, and analyze carrier tariffs
• Understanding of domestic transportation and supply chain concepts
• Strong computer skills including advanced use of Microsoft tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization as well as vendors and customers
• High Level of attention to detail
• Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful.
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data
• Ability to effectively multitask between multiple projects
• Proven verbal and written communication skills
• Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized
• Manages timelines; deals effectively with the challenges of a fast pace, high pressure environment and deadlines
• Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
• Experience in consumer products, retail operations, or e-commerce is preferred
• Project management support experience is preferred
• 2 years' experience and proven, positive track record as a Sr Transportation Analyst, Sr Transportation Coordinator, or in a comparable role in Supply Chain
• A minimum of 1 year carrier management or vendor management experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Transportation. Related experience or APICS Certification in lieu of degree will be considered.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Company Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Check out our full overview of benefits on the Perks Playlist page of the career site.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.
Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x5j9-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Universal Music Group
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.