Full Time Job
Universal Music Group
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAudiomovers became a part of the Abbey Road Studios family in 2021, setting the foundation for a platform capable of connecting music professionals beyond its iconic physical studios; our aim is to help music professionals around the globe to stream, listen to and record high resolution multichannel audio remotely and in real time.
Audiomovers launched with a set of plugins-LISTENTO and LISTENTO Receiver - as well as mobile apps for iOS and Android, and Windows & Mac desktop apps, allowing users to stream and receive record-quality audio within the DAW for the first time. In May 2022, we launched OMNIBUS; a seamless audio routing solution for Mac.
We're looking for someone to work closely with the Audiomovers co-founder/Head of Technology, who will be leading architecture of the product and software design to drive architecture and plan development across our product technology & applications. You will also be working with a team of 5-10 developers, a small QA team and our Head of Delivery.
Skills & Experience
• You are a software engineering & development specialist, with demonstrated experience leading software development teams to successfully deliver high quality, complex products, especially from the advanced audio software space
• Advanced proficiency in C++, including familiarity with common libraries and frameworks.
• We use C++ for our plug-ins and applications code, both client and server side
• JUCE library experience is a must
• We use Mac and Windows for client desktop applications, and Linux for server side, so corresponding platform-specific skills are required
• Extensive expertise in software deployment across several platforms and operating systems, An expert in systems interoperability from audio software product perspective
• Expert in delivering audio product formats (AAX, VST, VST3, AU), DSP, DAW and experience with systems-level software and audio hardware design
• Solid understanding of modern audio production systems and technologies (including network audio)
• SQL (Maria DB or MySQL version), for our product server-side applications
• Experience with Galera Cluster is a plus
• Familiarity with large scale audio creation and editing workflows, in areas such as audio post-production, music tracking and live sound
• Experience creating high performance real-time desktop applications
• Experience in introducing and establishing DevOps practices (continuous integration/delivery processes and automation)
• Ability to manage and guide a team in producing code that is clean, maintainable, reliable, and efficient
• Solid computer science experience relating to object-oriented programming principles, both in theory and in practice
• Comfortable adopting a Kanban framework
• DAW writing skills and audio algorithms writing, and tuning is desirable
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A music lover (who would love to work on features that are genuinely exciting and interesting). DAW (digital audio workstation) skills, music production skills are also a plus
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g302wq-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Universal Music Group
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.