Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Universal Music Group is seeking a Senior E-Commerce Store Manager to oversee our artist's and label stores to ensure best-in-class e-commerce services are regularly achieved and maintained. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies. You will have opportunities to submit ideas and processes for the company to utilize in the future.
The Senior E-Commerce Store Manager role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and leading the store management team that maintains our artists and label's e-commerce stores. This role will work cross-functionally with both internal teams and external partners to ensure daily product activations, new store launches, and e-commerce campaigns are executed successfully. The Senior E-Commerce Store Manager will be responsible for ensuring their team is routinely updating technical backend features for optimal functionality and storefronts are regularly maintained. This role will also be leading conversations with key stakeholders to offer recommendations to better optimize customer experience and maximize revenue.
How you'll CREATE:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations for a group of e-commerce shops for our UMG artists and labels
• Manage the training, development, and success of a team of 2-5 store managers and assistant store managers
• Lead a team of store managers and be responsible for their success and growth in the operations lane
• Operate the top 1-3 revenue e-commerce store(s) within the assigned label group
• Update and maintain product info including titles, descriptions, images, etc. within the backend of the e-commerce platform as needed for the top revenue stores
• Ensure the store frontend merchandising, taxonomy, and functionality are optimized for customer experience
• Timely and secure distribution of digital music for artists and labels for top revenue stores
• Act as the operational leader and subject matter expert within the cross-functional team
• Participate in release planning for new artist campaigns
• Provide operational and technical expertise to the larger cross-functional group to ensure campaign planning is set up for operational success
• Oversee the setup and launch of new artist/label stores, products, and e-commerce campaigns
• Quality assurance review for new store and products
• Work cross-functionally with various internal teams including marketing, tech, and creative services to successfully oversee and execute key campaign moments on storefronts
• Work cross-functionally with logistics, order management, and fulfillment teams to ensure timely product delivery and order fulfillment
• Uphold positive working relationships with labels, partners, and third-party vendors
• Collaborate with the customer service team to actively communicate relevant store information in addition to any unexpected issues (i.e. quality, delays, etc.) to ensure they are properly equipped to handle inbound requests and provide an excellent customer experience
• Analyze weekly inventory, sales reports, and industry trends in order to communicate to clients recommendations to optimize revenue, KPIs, and customer experience
• Monitor, validate, and submit weekly chart reporting data for album scans
• Troubleshoot and effectively problem solve backend and frontend issues as they arise
• Available outside of business hours as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in merchandising, project management, e-commerce, logistics/supply chain, music business, or related field required
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a leadership or management capacity
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising, or a Related Field preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Office) and Project Management software (Monday.com, Asana)
• Proven record of successful people management and team development
• Overall understanding of APIs
• Ability to learn quickly especially as it relates to tech and platform connectivity
• Experience or working knowledge of Shopify Plus
• Intermediate knowledge of inventory and sales reporting
• Strong retail math and analytical skills
• Extremely detail-oriented and highly organized
• Self-starter who can complete tasks and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
• Proactive and adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
• Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to successfully work cross-functionally with both internal teams and external vendors
• Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and successfully juggle multiple projects and tasks with tight deadlines
• Easily adjusts to shifting priorities
• Trustworthy with sensitive information
• Photoshop experience is preferred
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java, & Ruby is a plus
Must be available to accommodate business needs outside of standard operating hours.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a Full-Time Role.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.