Strategy & Business Operations Manager
Santa Monica, CA
We are currently seeking an exceptional, passionate person to join the ESG team as Senior Manager of Global ESG, Operations & Reporting. This position reports to the Director. The role needs a strong analytics and reporting leader combining elements of policy, advocacy and cross-functional business partnerships supporting the articulation and delivery of targets aligned with business goals.
The Senior Manager will lead the implementation and maintenance of ESG reporting software to align with requirements of the program strategy, operational reporting, and disclosures as well as ESG investor reporting. This role will have primary responsibility for data consolidation, interpretation, analysis, reporting and visualization against established metrics. The ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of the major ESG reporting frameworks.
The role will coordinate with internal subject matter experts and metric owners to ensure internal and public metrics and progress are defined, tracked, and communicated to the relevant stakeholder communities. This role will work closely with IR, Business Affairs, People, Inclusion, Culture as well as other key global partners.
How you'll CREATE:
• Seasoned systems implementation professional
• Familiarity with all reporting standards and frameworks (SASB, CDP, TCFD, SBTi, UNSDG, GRI, IR, CDSB)
• Understanding of ESG assessments and ratings (CDP, DJSI, MSCI, Ecovadis, ISS, Sustainalytics)
• Highly organized with exceptional project management skills
• Strong execution skills, with ability to work independently while pursuing organizational and team goals
• Demonstrated experience presenting to large, high-profile audiences
• Own ESG system implementation, data migration, proof of concept and ongoing data collection efforts
• Manage system partners/specialists; evaluate and coordinate consulting efforts to drive results
• Manage data consolidation for global indicators and metrics
• Support measurement and reporting of carbon emissions based on adopted frameworks
• Develop global and granular reporting included but not limited to business unit, cost center, geography, department, staff et. al. and
• Support development of climate response content for internal/external stakeholders
• Support board and investor ESG reporting of ESG including materials, visualizations, and presentations
• Support framework development and evolution for ESG goal/target measurement and reporting
• Support drafting the ESG content of corporate reports and registration documents as well as responses to shareholders, internal partners, and other public facing materials
• Effectively engage with key cross functional partners (including Business Affairs, People Inclusion & Culture, Supply Chain, Public Policy, Communications, et al.) to:
• Support development and coordinate strategy, refining, and advancing of ESG goals
• Raise awareness of ESG commitments and progress to stakeholders, including the investment community
• Contribute to periodic ESG ''materiality'' assessments
• Own the ESG portion of the IR website, working with internal partners to build out and refresh content
• Develop content review process for board and shareholder reporting
Bring your VIBE:
• 5-7 years relevant experience such as Corporate ESG, Wall Street, Big, 4 ESG Advisory
• SASB certified, preferred
• Investor Relations experience
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, and investment analysis
• Experience in sustainable investing or similar field
• Knowledge for ESG challenges, and the music/media/tech sector
• Excellent planning, analytical and communication skills
• Bachelor's degree Engineering, Data Analytics, Finance, Business, or a related field
• Master's degree in Sustainability or Environmental Science, preferred
• Intermediate to advanced skills with the following applications preferred:
• Sphera, Enablon, Workiva, OneTrust or other ESG reporting software
• MS PowerPoint
• MS Excel (advanced, required)
• MS Word
• Adobe Design Suite, preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88p4m-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.