Manager, Customer Engagement
Universal Music Group
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Senior Manager, eCommerce Creative to join our eCommerce group, sitting on a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting UMG Nashville. This person will lead the charge on product strategy, development, and design in order to create compelling fan experiences on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic Country artists in the world. They will work in close partnership with creative stakeholders across the label, artist, and eCommerce teams to bring products to life that will act as the cornerstone of comprehensive eCommerce campaigns, ultimately delivering amazing experiences for both fans and our artists.
How you'll CREATE:
• Lead product strategy and design to drive artist and UMG Nashville eCommerce goals.
• Work collaboratively with eCommerce and label production teams to ensure the highest quality product sourcing and production.
• Oversee product P+Ls, ensuring they fall in line with business needs and objectives.
• Develop rich storytelling through product strategy, development, and design that will serve as the cornerstone for further campaign creative.
• Work collaboratively with label creative and other creative resources-artist team members, freelance designers, merchandise companies, etc.-to bring artist brand and campaign narratives to life across product, site experience, and additional creative.
• Work with the insights and advanced analytics teams to leverage historic and audience data to inform product strategy and creative.
• Communicate directly with the label and artist teams alongside cross-functional team members to sell through product strategies.
• Act as creative lead across UMG Nashville product launches and accompanying eCommerce activations, ensuring the artist's narrative is fully represented throughout the end-to-end customer experience.
• Work hand in hand with teammates across artist engagement, marketing & customer engagement, store management, operations & customer service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and UMG Nashville's artists.
Bring your VIBE:
• 3-5 years experience leading the development of product strategy from ideation to design to execution, preferably in music and/or fashion/retail.
• Strong passion for Country music and the Nashville scene and culture, as well as the music industry at large.
• Deep understanding of music fandom and the fan to artist connection, as well as brand differentiation across artists within Country music, particularly on the UMG Nashville roster.
• Established track record of selling product concepts through to clients.
• Working knowledge of product sourcing and production.
• Strong grasp on eCommerce, specifically trends and best practices as they apply to the fan to artist relationship within the Country music scene.
• Creative approach to problem-solving with strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make decisions informed by data.
• Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
• Exceptional verbal and written abilities - communication and presentation skills are essential (both internally and externally).
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high-priority projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
• Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities from inception to completion.
• Ability to stay flexible, calm, and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines amidst changing client needs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
• Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in music business, fashion/retail, marketing, creative, or a related field.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.