Universal Music Group
Woodland Hills, CA
Universal Music Group is seeking a talented Sr. Data Governance Analyst to join our Global Data Technology team.
The Sr. Data Governance Analyst will work across our data technology teams, and other UMG business units to transform data governance objectives into tactical implementations and assist with management of a portfolio of enterprise data-related Data Governance initiatives.
You will be responsible for enabling enterprise-level data governance, and help to institutionalize UMG's data governance strategy, policies, and technologies.
You will assist with the development and implementation of data governance processes and tools, as well as the establishment and integration of measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with the corporate objectives.
In addition, this person will be responsible for providing increased data management discipline and structure for the acquisition, consolidation, and governance of critical data across UMG's data and analytics ecosystems.
How you'll CREATE:
Bring your VIBE:
• 5+ Years of related information management and/or data governance experience
• 2+ years of experience in data governance concepts and methods with the ability to apply them to real-world situations.
• Experience implementing/using data quality, MDM, and Data Catalog technologies to drive data governance and data quality
• Experience with financial, accounting, and audit concepts a plus.
• Experienced in tools & techniques of business systems analysis, engineering, project management, systems testing, and quality assurance.
• Experience with Data Governance tools such as Colibra, OneTrust, Alation (or similar catalogs) a plus.
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (GDPR, CCPA) and emerging trends and issues related to data.
• Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally on both business and technical subjects with all levels of management; possesses strong coordination and meeting facilitation skills.
• Capturing business requirements effectively and creating robust requirement and recommendation documents.
• Solid SQL and data analysis skills are highly desirable.
• Project management skills with a proven track record of initiative and outstanding performance.
• Individuals must be flexible, with an ability to work in an independent, proactive manner, as well as collaborate as part of a team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business/Data Analytics or other related fields
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.