Universal Music Group
Woodland Hills, CA
How we LEAD
Universal Music Group is seeking a talented Sr. Business Analyst to join our Global Data Technology team.
The Sr. BA will work across our data technology team and other UMG business teams to analyze, document, and develop data requirements that deliver against several key UMG business goals.
In addition, you will assist with the development and implementation of business processes and tools as well as the establishment and integration of measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with business needs and corporate objectives.
You will assist with the development and implementation of data governance processes and tools, as well as the establishment and integration of measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with the corporate objectives. In addition, you will be responsible for providing increased data management discipline and structure for the acquisition, consolidation, and documentation of critical data across UMG's data and analytics ecosystems.
How you'll CREATE
• Develop a deep understanding of the existing business landscape and data flows, business processes, and cross-department interactions.
• Partner with product stakeholders to understand your team's data and business needs; become an expert in translating these needs into actionable insights.
• Coordinate and manage the task execution of tactical working groups and technical design sessions.
• Prepare materials, coordinate, facilitate, and perform follow-up project activities.
• Communicate insights to your stakeholders with a data-driven point of view and plan for action.
• Ensure that key data artifacts (documentation, definitions, processes, policies, etc.) are created, controlled, managed, and maintained over time.
• Validate and approve data deliverables to ensure business requirements are being met.
• Create, institutionalize, and promote data management best practices.
• Expand collaboration and adoption of the quality framework across the enterprise by coordinating with data owners and data stewards.
• Create and support ongoing data governance processes, policies, KPI's and coordinate the roll-out of activities.
• Be a voice within our team to educate, elevate and advocate for continual improvement.
Bring your VIBE:
• 5+ Years' experience as a BA preferably working in the media industry or within technology teams.
• Experience with financial and accounting concepts, data analytics and reporting practices, and technology.
• Experienced in tools & techniques of business systems analysis, engineering, project management, and quality assurance.
• Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing on both business and technical subjects with all levels of management. Possess strong coordination and meeting facilitation skills.
• Proven ability to capture and document business requirements effectively.
• Project management skills with a proven track record of initiative and outstanding performance.
• Individual must be flexible and resourceful, with a natural ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Solid SQL and data analysis skills are highly desirable.
• Working experience in data governance a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business/Data Analytics, or other related fields.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnk85o-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.