Manager, SSO Federation
Universal Music Group
Remote / Virtual
How you'll LEAD:
We are currently seeking a senior level Active Directory and Messaging specialist with deep level expertise in Exchange Online, Exchange, Active Directory, Azure AD & Security. As a key member of the UMG Technical Services team, the Sr AD and Messaging Engineer is responsible for ensuring the entire Active Directory and messaging stacks function at peak efficiency across UMG's diverse global enterprise environment. The position will be a team player working to expand and mature the infrastructure for use within our enterprise.
In addition to having strong technical skills, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end users, technical IT teams, business partners, network providers, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment. You must also have a proven record of Managing projects in the space from start to finish, Delivering projects on time and on budget. Must be able to manage multiple projects from start to finish with little daily guidance.
How you'll CREATE:
• Using your expertise in Exchange and Exchange Online, and background in identity and access management, evaluate/update and make recommendation for UMG's messaging environment. Help develop roadmaps and evaluate new solutions to bring UMG's infrastructure into the future.
• Review, update, install, and train others on the features and best practices of Active Directory, Azure and Exchange Online, creating a secure, sustainable, and highly automated environment that meets UMG's requirements across all on-prem and cloud-based footprints. Think outside the box regarding problems and future of Messaging and AD.
• Working with the team, identify the tools, processes and techniques to translate UMG's needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions.
• Apply expertise in the administration and configuration of the Exchange Online platform, including conducting routine solution maintenance, monitoring the health of the platform, and automation of routine tasks needed for to ensure a secure and messaging environment
• Automate processes across the AD and messaging stack.
• Function as third tier support, work to ensure break/fix, upgrades, patches, and performance or integration related issues are completed in a timely manner.
• Support critical Active directory and Messaging functions, including maintenance, patch identification and publication, and ensure that new features are tested within the UMG environment prior to being upgrades enabled.
• Create automated reports as required, and address any discrepancies found.
• Review vulnerabilities periodically and recommend remediations as needed.
• Resolution of tier 3 trouble tickets as required.
• Collaborate to provide system design proposals, analysis, cost analysis and hardening designs (including data security) of systems and servers in the messaging stack including installations, upgrades, patches, as well as documentation with primary responsibility for the implementation, management, support, and maintenance of various systems within the messaging environment.
• Collaborate to develop and execute overall project plan and timelines for key deliverables, ensuring project come in on time and on budget.
Bring your VIBE:
• Demonstrated current work experience setting up new AD and Messaging environments. As well as engineering, customizing, and integrating current enterprise solutions.
• Independently manage and perform engineering lead role for large scale Active Directory, Messaging, and M&A projects
• Exchange Online & Exchange expertise
• Email administration, configuration, implementations, designs, and troubleshooting
• Minimum of 12 years directly related experience in Exchange Online and exchange, including, but not limited to, mail flow/delivery, SMTP, messaging security, email retention and discovery.
• Proven experience with Microsoft Active Directory services
• Expert knowledge in architecture and administration of Active Directory (AD) and GPO's, ADFS, AD Connect.
• Demonstrated experience with managing Identities for Azure AD, AWS and GCP.
• Demonstrated knowledge of GPOs, AD Sites, Replication Topology, and native AD troubleshooting tools.
• Advanced experience with script development (PowerShell/Python preferred). Must include experience with PowerShell Scripting to modify AD attributes.
• A high level of technical ability in diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem analysis, with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders and Technology support teams to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
• Technical competence in the following:
• Exchange Online, Hybrid, and On-Prem
• Advanced SMTP Email Routing
• Advanced usage of PowerShell for Messaging tasks
• DMARC/DKIM Implementation
• Advanced mailbox management, such as Archiving and Security and Compliance.
• AD and Azure AD
• Use of LDAP-S, SAML, WS-Federation, SCIM, OAuth, and OIDC
• Experience with a Hybrid exchange deployment model (Azure, 365, Exchange, Active Directory).
• Extensive experience deploying and managing M365 platforms
• Experience with MS Exchange deployments
• Hands on expertise working in complex infrastructure environments
• Experience conducting and supporting M365 migrations, authentications, and identity management Projects
• Minimum of 12 years related experience in: domain design, PKI, DDNS, DHCP, Directory Services including directory services replication/synchronization, Kerberos, Active Directory, DEA (Directory Enabled Applications), LDAP-S, AD integration security, federation services and Forest system context management for application services
• Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. As a senior member of the team, ability to work under pressure, unsupervised, be organized, prioritize own workload, and mentor other team members as required is essential.
• Comfortable in a global fast-paced enterprise team environment, with ability to adjust to changing priorities and schedules, and balance support and project work
• Customer service driven/focused with a proactive and positive can-do approach, demonstrating effective communication with multiple internal/external stakeholders in a global business environment
• Able to work with confidential and sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality.
• Demonstrated excellent technical writing skills and project/program management experience
• Demonstrated ability to keep current on technology in areas of expertise.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Network Security, or related field
• Recent IT Certifications including Microsoft Certifications, CISSP, and ITIL v3 Foundation certifications
• International experience beneficial; multiple language skills a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
• Annual Well-Being
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re5yk0-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.