Full Time Job
Spinnup Country Representative
Universal Music Group
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Spinnup Country Representative (1 year contract)Spinnup is digital music distribution for independent artists. Created by Universal Music to discover new talent, Spinnup gives each and every artist complete control of their music. Spinnup works with the biggest music platforms on the planet, distributing music to Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon and many more, helping artists reach millions of new fans worldwide. Spinnup is established in the UK, Germany, Sweden, France, Denmark and very soon, South America and Asia.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for Spinnup country representative to launch the Spinnup brand in Philippines and establish a local presence in the independent artist and music industry communities. You will build close relationships with the local Universal Music op-co and their A&R teams. You will establish partnerships with like-minded brands to develop strategic marketing campaigns, and engage with media to amplify any PR activities. We are looking for someone who is highly organised, personable, a creative thinker, an excellent communicator and able to work independently as part of a team spread over the globe.
• Responsible for launching and managing the Spinnup platform in the market.
• Bringing artists onto platform
• Internal PR for the platform - ensuring all internal stake holders understand the platform and presenting artists for potential signing
Local Marketing & PR
• Working closely with Spinnup Central Marketing team to create digital advertising campaigns relevant to the market.
• Grass routes marketing / Spinnup ambassador - establishing the Spinnup brand in the core independent artist community in the market.
• Seeking out and executing local PR opportunities to promote Spinnup brand with guidance from Spinnup Central and Global comms.
• Developing local marketing opportunities with relevant live partners and local brands and artist communities
Marketing & Brand Partnerships
• Work with regional brands teams to establish partnership opportunities for the market and manage brand partnerships secured for Spinnup
• Working collaboratively with other members of the Spinnup Asia regional team to update website and showcase local artists, partnerships and offers
• Working with central team and other members of the Spinnup Asia regional team to localise global content or create local content specific for the market/region
• Working collaboratively with Spinnup Asia regional team to manage local social media channels
• Feeding into regional posting schedule with local updates
• Community management
• Creating local newsletters specific to the market through our CRM system
• Working with senior management to agree on how should be allocated
• Working with central and local teams to monitor and track artists with signing potential via discovery tool
• Establish relationships with local op-co’s, labels and A&R teams
• Train A&R’s to use the discovery tool
• Create internal PR messaging to amplify Spinnup within responsible territory
• Act as the link between local op-co and independent artist community
• Developing the Spinnup brand within independent artist community
• Establish relationships with ambitious artists to bring them onto the platform
• Showcase and present artists for local signing with op-co’s, labels and A&R’s
• A passion for music
• 2 yrs of relevant working experience
• Outgoing creative thinker
• Great understanding of technology, online marketing, and social networking
• Experience in conceptualising and executing marketing campaigns
• Knowledge and passion of multiple musical genres
• Video editing and design skills are a plus
• Strong work ethic and marketing skills required
• Excellent written, communication, and speaking skills
• Experience creating and managing budgets
Universal Music Group
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.