Health & Safety Coordinator
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
The Special Projects team is responsible for the initiation, development, and management of special projects across Universal's Metadata Operations department globally closely supporting key stakeholders to identify priority projects and to see them through their completion in a timely manner.
As a Special Projects Analyst, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of technical support to the Special Projects Manager with a strong focus on metadata and supply chain.
You will utilise your strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain solid relationships with both the team and key internal and external stakeholders in order to help facilitate the delivery of time dependent, business critical projects.
Skills & Experience
• Manage daily workloads by assessing business priorities in a timely manner (i.e. being aware of project milestones)
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and be highly flexible in order to meet all deadlines
• Ability to collaborate on multiple projects at the same time
• Ability to synthesise queries and questions and liaise with appropriate key stakeholders to provide effective timely solutions
• Ensure that complex issues are acknowledged, and progress updates are provided to line manager
• The ideal candidate will be an expert at analyzing large data sets using Excel, and highly skilled at understanding new or complex data with a view to actioning in relevant UMG systems
• Provide detailed support in the capture, review and manipulation of data in support of special projects with a current focus on the metadata required for label acquisition and onboarding processes throughout the supply chain
• Be proactive in the investigation of missing data elements, capturing and flagging them with the appropriate stakeholders and or line manager
• Gain understanding of downstream systems/processes in order to enhance end-to-end knowledge
• Provide support on a broad variety of data related projects with a focus on supply chain
• Foster strong collaborative ties as part of a broad team located across different time zones and disciplines
• Proactively raise and discuss data issues/themes with global colleagues and line manager
• Act as the metadata subject matter expert in the context of special projects, in particular label acquisition
• Be highly proficient in using Excel to manipulate data
• Knowledge of and experience using SQL and cloud-based data storage is preferred
• A working understanding of a product lifecycle within the music industry and the metadata requirements necessary to support that
• A working understanding of both physical and digital supply chains
• A working understanding of XML and in particular DDEX standards
• Quick learner: Experienced in being able to quickly understand new business information systems and processes
• Solutions-oriented with a positive attitude and strong work ethic and have an impeccable attention to detail
• An analytical mindset to challenge existing processes and seek out new solutions to existing issues
• Ability to work closely with other team members while, at the same time, taking responsibility for personal workload
• Excellent communication, reporting and trouble-shooting skills
• Excellent time keeping
• Highly motivated / self-starter, with a proactive approach
• Strong organisational skills and an ability to complete deliverables on time
• A passion and knowledge of music and new technologies
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3x9j9-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.