Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
°1824 is UMG's creative solutions team focused on the connection of artists and brands directly to fans through storytelling and experiences. Our offerings include content creation, ideation, PR, A&R, creator partnerships, experiences and digital marketing.
The Sr. Manager, Visual Content will manage the workflow, requests, production and associated budgets of all assets including assigned music videos, lyric videos, social media collateral, short form documentary pieces and more for UMG Business Units which include our labels, Communications, People, Inclusion & Culture and Brand teams. This team member will also manage a team of 3 full-time and 25 part-time videographers, motion designers, and editors.
How you'll CREATE:
• Manage day-to-day operations of the °1824 Content Team (25+ Content Creators nationwide)
• Manage and schedule flow of content requests coming from UMG Labels and Business Units
• Oversee content creation projects from ideation to delivery
• Advise and monitor allotted budgets for assigned projects
• Interact with Business and Legal Affairs to assure proper clearances
• Prepare visual recaps and reels for distribution to labels, managers, executives, and external partners
• Work with staff to create treatments and original content ideas
• This position will require constant communication with the home office in Santa Monica and our labels in LA, NYC and Nashville + international territories
• Build and maintain of external studios, set designers, colourists, art directors and others
• Research and assure compliance with local Health and Safety protocols
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• 3+ years of content creation/production experience within the media industry required.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent software
• This candidate must have working knowledge of camera operation and necessary post-production software
• Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and an adaptable attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong multitasking skills
• Experience with still photography, editing, animation, location shooting, set design, and post-production (editing, coloring, audio engineering, titles, graphics, etc.) all a plus
• Integrity when working on confidential projects
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8983m-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.