How you'll LEAD:
The Universal Music Group Internal Audit department is a recently created team which will be comprised of 8 in-house professionals located at 2 different UMG sites: Hilversum, Netherlands and Santa Monica, California and is assisted by co-sourced internal audit staff from a Big 4 firm. The department reports to the Group Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for independently assessing operational processes and the quality of internal control at each level in the organization and within all Group companies. The team also actively participates in a variety of ad-hoc special projects and provides advice and consultative services with business owners and key management leaders on an as needed basis. In their role, team members acquire a strong knowledge of the group, its activities and operations which place them in a strong position to evolve into internal finance and risk management positions in the future.
How you'll CREATE:
• Participate in the planning and scoping of internal audit assignments
• Develop and enhance work programs related to the evaluation of entity and process-level controls
• Develop process narratives and related controls documentation
• Develop, optimize, execute and document test plans to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls
• Work efficiently and effectively and deliver high quality audit workpapers and audit recommendations.
• Draft Internal Audit reports and presentations
• Follow-up on identified Internal Audit findings
• Assist with investigations that involve policy violations and fraud
• Identify process improvement opportunities
• Contribute to the enhancement of Internal Audit methodologies and tools
• Participate in ad-hoc operational and financial projects requested by management
Bring your VIBE:
• A minimum of 3 years of audit experience in a Big 4 firm, ideally with experience in the Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT) sector and notably the music business
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• CPA or CIA certification preferred
• Good organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently
• Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills, with experience in Data Analytics.
• Knowledge of Entity level, process, IT General and application controls
• Critical thinking skills and ability to learn and understand complex processes
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with various levels within the organization
• Ability to build rapport and trust with key stakeholders
• Team player with an ability to listen and adapt
• Highly proficient in MS Office Suite to intermediate (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Visio
• Experience with SAP ERP, BPC and HFM is a plus
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work autonomously in a remote/hybrid environment
• Multilingual: English and /Portuguese desirable
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Finance & Accounting
$76,509.00 - $146,960.00
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61eq9-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.