This is an opportunity to showcase your finance skills and business acumen at one of the major players in the music industry. You can grow professionally and personally in an environment where intelligence, innovation, and leadership are valued and rewarded. This position is responsible for various aspects of the consolidation of Plan, Forecast and Actuals for the North American Recorded Music Division. This position will interact closely with Universal Music label Finance teams and the Central Accounting team to support the monthly close processes, document variance explanations, and analyze results. The individual will be involved in the quarterly financial forecast and annual operating plan processes while also assisting with other ad hoc analyses as required. This role is based in Santa Monica, CA on a hybrid work schedule.
How you'll CREATE:
• Provide day to day finance support to the North America Recorded Music Division and liaise with the Label Finance teams and Central Accounting team on key elements of the monthly close/forecasts
• Key member in preparation and assembly of quarterly financial forecasts and annual plan for UMG
• Analyze actual variances to budget and forecast for various Universal Music divisions
• Collect, analyze and report key performance indicators and highlight trends in margin, artist investment and cash flow
• Participate in developing forward looking revenue guidance for North America labels by analyzing industry trends, marketing data, DSP reporting as well as historical data
• Assist in analyzing and forecasting revenue accruals for the entire territory to ensure timely reporting with accuracy
• Develop KPIs/Dashboard/ presentations by synthesizing large datasets to consumable financial insights to senior executives
• Drive efficiency by identifying areas for system improvement/ adoption as well as guiding continuous improvement efforts for financial analysis & reporting tools
• Provide ad hoc analyses as required
Bring your VIBE:
• Demonstrable proficiency with excel financial modeling as well as accounting and financial applications software; Hyperion Financial Management/Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC planning experience a plus
• Music/entertainment industry experience highly preferred
• CPA preferred but not required
• Detail-oriented with strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with business and financial acumen
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize & multitask in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with supervisors and personnel and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, business partners and company leaders.
• Must be results-oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Minimum 2-3 years of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience is required.
• Bachelor's degree qualified (specific to business, finance or accounting)
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Company Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Check out our full overview of benefits on the Perks Playlist page of the career site.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.
Finance & Accounting
$52,210 - $108,772
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p671-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.