Universal Production Music (UPM) is seeking a Sr. Creative Manager, Marketing (SCMM), based in Santa Monica, CA, to support the UPM marketing team in driving key digital initiatives across various brand channels and projects from concept ideation through final delivery in support of integrated marketing campaigns and business objectives.
This individual will be joining the Marketing team at a very exciting time as we re-evaluate our content and messaging strategies and revamp our creative outputs. They will play a key role in establishing our look and feel for everything from social media to website creative; and help us develop a fresh outlook in promoting the UPM brand.
How you'll CREATE:
• Utilizes Adobe Creative Cloud apps to create, organize and manage marketing materials including but not limited to:
• Social media-focused creative: statics, carousels, short-form video
• One sheets and proposal templates for sales
• Creative to be featured on the company's website: playlist/genre/mood/campaign headers
• Email template design
• Presentation templates
• Minor graphic design for physical items such as SWAG and signage for in-person events, expos, and conferences as needed
• Works closely with Digital Marketing Coordinator to plan out social media calendar- driving the creative strategy and out-of-the-box concepts and designs
• Works with the sales team to create custom proposals, presentations, and ancillary pitch content as needed
• Collaborates with the Head of US Marketing to develop mood boards, templates, and creative vision for campaign or product launches
• Liaise with our International Marketing team based in the UK to ensure our marketing reflects brand guidelines and is in line with the company's overall marketing efforts
• With guidance from the Head of US Marketing, develops ad-creative for paid placements including: LinkedIn, YouTube, Google, and third-party websites
• Collaborates with the Marketing Manager on promotional strategy and creative digital materials for New Releases, artist features, BTS, and other Production-related content
• Develops new and creative ways for UPM to feature recent placements
• Frequently assesses top competitor digital organic and paid campaigns and reviews findings with Marketing team
• Stays on top of digital advertising trends and is always in the know of the latest media developments
• Other requests by management as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• 4+ years' experience in creative marketing and developing 360 campaigns with a heavy focus on digital content
• Power user of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
• Proficient knowledge of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn
• Team player – it is critical for this individual to collaborate with the entire team, and also possess great interdepartmental communication skills
• Must have a portfolio showcasing past design work (primarily digital, but print design also preferred)
• Passionate about music and entertainment in general
• Connected to pop culture trends and new viral phenomena
• Great time management, interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in maintaining corporate and/or entertainment websites using content management software and familiarity with web design and publishing (Sitecore, WordPress a plus).
• Proactive attitude and ability to anticipate needs are a plus as well as resourcefulness
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills, with ability to multitask
• Bachelor's degree in design or marketing, or related field preferred but not required
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Marketing, Streaming & Digital Media
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1w59y-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.