Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
Lead and deliver an efficient World class UK Royalty service with full alignment to the Global Administration organisation's strategy and standards. You will have the ability to suggest, develop and implement new processes in addition to having input into UMPG's ongoing tech developments. Relationships and communication are key; the Royalty Manager will be highly effective in forming cross functional relationships within the UK operating company and within the wider global organisation. The Royalty Manager will also oversee and maintain the client servicing arm of the royalty team.
Skills & Experience
• Production of Client & Management Service Packs
• Prepare KPI management packs.
• Reconciliation of outgoing Payments and Statements.
• Delivery of incoming statements to the Global Royalty dept.
• Client royalty statement review.
• Suspense and Error Calculation review.
• Transaction reconciliation process
• Manage the quarterly Royalty Closes and associated payment timetable.
• Manage and review the maintenance and delivery of the Control Environment.
• Oversee client royalty audits.
• Lead and develop the UK Royalty Department
• Oversee and develop the Royalty processes, with support from the Assistant Manager, Client Services and Royalties
• Work collaboratively with the UK Copyright function.
• Provide business support to the Head of UK Administration
• Proven track record of delivering Royalty processes at a managerial level
• Ability to manage multiple workflows and effectively prioritise in a deadline driven environment
• Proven leadership experience
• Motivated and open to change with ability to bring new and practical ideas
• Experienced at creating and building workflows, project plans, setting goals and meeting targets
• Experienced at effectively monitoring and managing performance issues and managing up
• Effective communication: A strong ability to provide concise, informed administration reporting and narratives to senior management, clients and their representatives as well as team members with various levels of experience
• Demonstrable track record of training, coaching and mentoring staff across all administration disciplines
• Advanced Excel working with large data sets and the ability to transfer system skills to UMPGs bespoke platforms
• Experience working at a music publisher
• Experience of client royalty audits
• Exposure to the SAP system
• Exposure to SOX requirements
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.