Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
Part of the Universal Music Group, Bravado lives at the crossroads of music and fashion. We understand the power of smart merchandising, and we know how to create products that spark organic, emotional connections between fans and artists. Our world class capabilities have made us the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and brand management services around the world. With teams in 40 countries, we create a tailored approach for every project; from creating new spaces in the market to bringing an artist’s creative vision to life. Bravado is about building brands and legacies that live on, beyond the music.
The Retail Merchandise Manager is predominantly responsible for overseeing and managing range building, budget planning and forecasting, inventory allocation and reporting for RS No 9 Carnaby, the world’ first Rolling Stones store and its e-Commerce business. However, ad-hoc projects covering stand-alone high street stores, shop in shops within department stores, and ecommerce sites plus Pop Up stores will be included in the remit Responsible for ensuring that Bravado’s artists products are available in our physical and virtual stores for the consumers and fans alike.
Skills & Experience
• Managing budgets and forecasts with internal finance, retail and sales teams.
• Managing the process of orders and product allocation to stores.
• Liaising with production to ensure delivery of all orders.
• Achieve set KPI’s and meet all deadlines, with efficiency and a high level of attention to detail.
• Working with US Brand Management to ensure we have the right allocation of product at the right time
• Forecasting for internal Depts. and teams.
• Delivering budgeted monthly sales numbers, across revenue and margin targets.
• Provide key data and information, for the creation of seasonal range plans.
• Updating weekly and monthly sales reports.
• In season trading to ensure all categories are performing at optimum levels, re-forecasting sales using WSSI’s, constantly monitoring intakes, OTB position and terminal stocks across the business.
• Create, plan and execute promotions and price lists.
• Proposition of promotions and mark-down activity.
• Analyse and monitor best and worst sellers and make informed recommendations for action.
• Provide detailed end of season sales reports and data in order to provide pre-buy analysis and ensure commercial input into range planning.
• Key contact for all analysis across retail channels.
• Plan and present the sales, margin, closing stock and stock-turn budget and forecasts on a weekly basis.
• Ownership of merchandising analysis and for delivering sell-through reports across retail channels.
• Regular meetings with Supply Chain team to keep updated on approvals and product development.
• Regular meetings with Store Teams and other depts. To understand sales patterns, trends and consumer demand.
• Work and communicate effectively with the wider Bravado team and key Universal Music Group stakeholders to deliver on all department KPIs.
• Liaise with internal depts. to deliver product ranges at retail that meet the needs of the consumer for key artist and their brand campaigns and activities.
• Understand our consumer, by keeping on top of competitors, retail, consumer and product trends and presenting and communicating findings to the wider Bravado team.
• Demonstrable experience in Merchandising or Product Management role within clothing, footwear or accessories. Ideally within a Branded organisation, or High Street retailer.
• Proven track record of planning forecasting & budgeting. Can create effective plans, working on ways to achieve them with predictability & orderly results.
• Strong analytical skills, very high level of proficiency of Excel.
• Can build a long-term annual plan; and deliver and execute against by achieving short-term tasks.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Able to make rational judgements from the available information, by demonstrating an inquisitive and analytical approach.
• Can perform under pressure and operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Highly Analytical.
• Collaborative and supportive, works well autonomously and as part of a team.
• Goal and target driven and focused. Wants to win and achieve as part of the team. Breaks down barriers and overcomes challenges to deliver results.
• Knowledge of UK High Street retail landscape, understanding of differing consumer profiles.
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.