How you'll LEAD:
As a QA Engineer, you will be a critical member of the data management and platform development team. You will be responsible for working with technical & product leads to define the appropriate quality standards and ensuring the code & data assets meet these standards. Additionally, you'll work with data and software engineers to develop new advanced testing/quality checking methods and automations to improve the reliability & stability of the systems and releases. You'll work in a collaborative Agile environment using the latest in engineering best practices with involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You will primarily develop on / interact-with Google Cloud Platform and other technologies such as BigQuery, Airflow, Python, SQL, Spark/PySpark, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes.
How you'll CREATE:
• Work with technical & product leads to define & refine code & data quality standards and metrics
• Work with data scientists, software engineers, and data engineers to develop testing plans for new features and improve test coverage of existing features
• Leading team in identifying/triaging/isolating bugs in production systems
• Designing, developing, and improving automated code/data testing & reporting systems
• Proactively suggest, plan, and integrate new tools and methods to improve what can be tested and what automations can be performed
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years of industry experience in data engineering, BI, and Quality Assurance.
• Professional experience as a QA Engineer – or equivalent – designing & implementing unit/smoke/integration tests for software in at least one programming language (Python/PyTest strongly preferred)
• Ability to identify/triage/isolate bugs in software systems
• Hands-on experience working with (and ideally designing) automatic code quality reporting systems (e.g. code coverage, regression reports, etc.)
• Experience using version control systems (Git strongly preferred) and working in a remote software development environment
• Extensive experience using SQL to perform queries/analysis on database systems (BigQuery preferred)
• Preferred: Experience designing tests for distributed systems and large-scale data pipelines
• Preferred: Experience designing & implementing automated testing systems
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, Two (2) paid weeks for ''Winter Break'' season, Wellness Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqp8kz-44-197-198-214-42 in your application.