We are seeking an inquisitive and proactive QA Engineer to join to join our Data Warehouse team.
You will be responsible for defining and executing tests on our BI and reporting platform on MicroStrategy to ensure the results are in accordance with the data sent from various data sources, such as the copyright and royalty processing system. You will be expected to be able to follow and validate the data through the ETL processing, and interrorage the relevant databases using queries to ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy.
You will be highly involved in team participation, working closely with your SCRUM team to complete sprint work in the given timeframe.
If you are keen data and ETL tester, want to learn new technologies, have a tenacious & pragmatic approach to testing and would like get to know the music publishing domain, this is the role for you.
Skills & Experience
• Test planning and execution: create, enhance and maintain effective and high-value test scenarios for report testing, ensuring adequate depth and breadth of test coverage
• Understand and work with the requirements from technical and business specifications
• Interrogate tables in different RDBMS databases: DB2, MySQL, SQL Server, Aurora and Redshift or similar
• Data preparation, data loads for journaling or ETL and processing in the test environments
• Carry out end-to-end, data completeness and quality, regression testing, including standard data validation and ensure data maintains integrity at all stages of transformation (ETL) and data flow
• Data reconciliation in BI reports by means of reports comparison and by executing SQL queries
• Actively support Agile development methods and best practices
• Contribute to the overall test strategy with ideas of tools and technologies, including the use of automated testing
• Using JIRA to track defects and tasks
• Assist business test team in UAT
• Work closely with the cross functional DWH team, liaise with the team to resolve problems or further fulfil user requirements
• Take part in meetings, provide estimates, assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing
• Software Testing experience within SDLC, preferably in an agile or iterative development environment (or similar)
• Data Warehouse (DWH), ETL and BI testing experience (or similar)
• Strong experience of relational databases and SQL, ability to write involved SQL queries to extract and validate data
• Proficiency in Excel usage (or similar)
• Ability to work with complex calculations for different metrics
• Solid understanding of software testing concepts and methodologies
• Hands-on experience of test planning, execution and maintenance of test scenarios
• Test automation experience related to large data comparison, migration and ETL using Python (or similar)
• Understanding of risk identification and analysis
• Great communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of AWS technology
• Knowledge of BI reporting tools such as MicroStrategy (or similar)
• Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g468eq-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.