Systems Coordinator, Finance & Content Technology
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
The Product Development Coordinator supports the European Sourcing & Product Development Director in all functions of the product development process. From concept inception through to sample sealing and hand off to Production, this role is crucial in the smooth and efficient running of development and approvals across UK Ecommerce and Retail projects. The Product Development Coordinator will work closely with the UK and US Production teams to ensure the sampling critical path is maintained and adhered to, and work with suppliers to manage workflow of sample comments and new fabric developments. The Product Development Coordinator will work on a diverse range of product, primarily focused on Jersey knitwear.
Skills & Experience
• Create and maintain Sampling Critical Path, ensuring timely sample submissions and approvals are made
• Follow up with vendors on sample, strike off, & fabric submissions in line with development time frames and project/launch critical paths
• Monthly reporting on UK Supplier KPI's and performance
• Support in bulk production QC checks against approved specs and samples
• Monthly reporting on QC fails
• Drive compliance to Bravado's Best Practice through the UK supply chain
• Manages outgoing and incoming packages to and from our vendors as well as distribute/ready all packages for internal review
• Ensure all samples are properly labeled with correct hangtags and product detail
• Maintaining system data entry and integrity as a PLM 'Super User'
• Build and maintain European blank garment, trim and packaging specification libraries within PLM
• Assist in follow up with Design & European Sourcing & Development Director on sample approval comments
• Join and participate in weekly Product Development calls with Design & US Production Teams, capturing fit comments and feedback
• Build strong relationships with cross functional team members & vendors
• Provide general administrative support to the European Sourcing & product Development Director as needed
• Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed
• Partake in learning and development opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
• Support the European Sourcing Strategy in proposing new vendors based upon the development needs and request of the business
• Support the European Sourcing Strategy in collating monthly round ups of new accessory and gift products in line with market trends
• Support the European Sourcing Strategy by supporting and driving Sustainable initiatives through the product development process
• Highly skilled in Excel and Outlook or equivalent
• Experience working in a PLM system, Centric PLM advantageous or equivalent
• Experience working within a Product Development and ideally Sourcing department for a brand or retailer
• Understanding of basic tech packs, fabrications, and print techniques
• Must be extremely detail orientated and diligent
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities and workflows
• Must be able to think independently and problem solve
• Must have tenacity, drive and resilience to 'get the job done'
• Must have a personable and professional manner
• Understanding of the Music merchandise business advantageous but not essential
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1vb0-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.