Sr. Manager, eCommerce Operations
Universal Music Group
Merchandise and commerce are part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for an experienced Photo Director to help lead a team of photographers towards an exceptional visual quality of work for each client across branding, social media, web, and video work on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. Bringing their vision and expertise around photography, photoshoots and technical knowledge will be crucial. This person collaborates with departments across the company to influence visual and photographic direction and conceive of unique creative solutions to drive successful results for our clients and the campaigns UMG eCommerce & Label Services executes for them.
This role will work with all creative departments, as well as in a cross-functional capacity with other team members to create best-in-class work.
How you'll CREATE:
• Ideate and drive photo concept creation across needs, while developing evergreen initiatives
• Manage internal team to foster their development while achieving department and organizational goals
• Continuously drive the creation of innovative and engaging visual experiences, maintaining a level of cutting-edge industry standards
• Work to develop creative solutions for challenges receiving product, including retouching and mockup creation
• Provide conceptual and logistical coordination for shoots across UMG and throughout different regions – Philadelphia, LA, NYC, Nashville, etc.
• Maintain a directory of freelance talent by location and skillset (product photography, editorial/lifestyle, etc)
• Oversee and be aware of new technologies around cameras, lighting, lenses, filter selections, and other accessories required and/or needed to ensure high viability of product, model, and merchandise
• Possess creative artistry in understanding and directing a team in the setup of lighting and other effects to achieve the shot to match the artist's vision and portray proper mood of campaign, scene or merchandise
• Plans, directs, and coordinates ideas, concepts, drawings, or sketches alongside a campaign in the infancy stages to determine desired effects and establish scene
Bring your VIBE:
• 7-10 years working in a photography or creative setting
• Degree in photography, fine art, or related discipline
• Specialty in developing unique still and live-action digital photography shots
• Expertise in lighting, color theory, camera operation, digital techniques, and sourcing ways to optimize digital/video editing
• Keen understanding of lighting and other special effects (indoor/outdoor multiple terrain), design, framing, focus, movement, lens concepts
• Expert use of Photoshop, InDesign, and other photo editing tools with proven expert editing ability
• Experience with Shopify and web technologies and e-commerce is a plus
• Demonstrable leadership and organizational skills with a desire to motivate teams
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with many different departments
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to set priorities for the team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj22ob-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.