Digital Marketing Executive
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
To create, deliver and manage outstanding and profitable marketing campaigns and strategies for UK and international releases. The Polydor roster includes artists such as Billie Eillish, Celeste, Eminem, J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, Mabel, RAYE, The Rolling Stones & Wretch 32.
Skills & Experience
• Plan multi-platform advertising campaigns, to effectively utilise the budgets and their key performance indicators
• Produce photo shoots, oversee video shoots and creation of all creative content to support all release campaigns on time and on budget
• Devise effective and innovative content lead digital campaigns in conjunction with the digital marketing team, across all channels for effective and progressive audience development and conversion
• Thinking creatively outside the realms of the day to day for opportunities and moment lead marketing
• Report chart metrics and key performance indicators across projects
• Oversee/ project manage all elements of the campaign to create bespoke and nimble strategies across each artist/project
• Responsible for individual artist budgets in line with the agreed forecasts
• Understanding/ assimilating multiple levels of data to inform strategy – use of tools to measure successes and challenges of track/ album performance
• Ensure all information is accurately and urgently communicated to all departments regarding release plans, changes, developments, growth
• Be prepared to adapt job, role and requirements to suit an ever-changing music landscape
• Develop strong relationships with artists and artist management, with partner labels and with agents and promoters to develop strategies around music releases and artist growth
• Develop open dialogue with key retailers directly
• Work closely with the label and team beyond – A&R/Content/Digital/Press/Promotions/Sales/ International/ Streaming/ Agents and Promoters etc. to deliver connected and cutting-edge strategies across the business
• Work with digital and the central insight team to plan and execute regular audience research to inform campaign planning, timing, excellence and longevity
• Work closely with the commercial team to undertake operational and creative responsibility for e-Commerce across all release campaigns. Including developing and initiating innovative ideas for merchandising & products
• Work closely with the commercial team to undertake operational and creative responsibility for partner activations- marketing and editorial
• A broad network of contacts
• A specialist in black music genres
• Proven authoritative knowledge of charts, trends and artists
• Ability to identify and nurture artist talent
• Be a creative and critical thinker. Take ideas from ideation to fruition.
• Have strong knowledge of the streaming space and playlisting, fundamentally on Spotify and Apple Music, Amazon & YouTube services
• Experience of working with acts of various sizes and budget
• Experience of effectively managing budgets on own projects and maximising profits
• Success at incorporating digital activity and content strategy into marketing campaigns
• Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills with the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and outstanding presentational ability
• Successful experience in negotiating with artists, artist management, internal stakeholders and senior management.
• Experience instigating and managing photo shoots, including managing budgets, briefs and contracts
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5xn3-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.