Manager, Product Development
Universal Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized US catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe), a division of Universal Music Group (UMG), is presently seeking a Director, Marketing in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. UMe is the centralized catalog marketing division for UMG, spearheading marketing, brand partnerships, sales, licensing, and ancillary exploitation for the music catalog.
This position is a visible and prominent role within and without the organization. This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within UMe. They will recommend, assess, and oversee marketing strategies and their impact on business and creative objectives. They will also work with external partners and be responsible for securing their support and participation in campaigns.
How you'll CREATE:
• Work closely with artists and their representatives to define marketing objectives and oversee campaign execution.
• Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team.
• Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts from other teams at UMe including audience growth, publicity, brand partnerships, commercial, and radio
• Manage the conception, communication and execution of marketing plans and other marketing strategies.
• Build, maintain and assess external marketing partnerships.
• Account for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to UMe activity.
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's preferred
• 5 years of experience in music marketing
• Experience working with catalog and frontline artists.
• Strong knowledge of the digital marketplace for music consumption.
• Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, audience engagement and analytics.
• Advertising / media planning experience.
• Proven ability to build and manage marketing partnerships.
• Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Needs to be a creative but strategic marketer who is driven by innovation.
• Passionate music fan.
• Proven strong leadership skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high-pressured environment.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw1vnj-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.