Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
Universal Music Publishing Group is currently seeking an eager and exceptional Manager– Global Finance. The position will be responsible for the reporting of the global consolidated financial results for the group and providing analysis to senior management, including the CFO, investment, and deal analysis, as well as other support as required.
How you'll CREATE:
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of global consolidated financial results for monthly/quarterly actual, forecast, and budget reporting
• Identify and analyze variances within results with a thorough understanding of drivers and outliers
• Preparation of business/variance commentary for global senior management on a monthly basis
• Assist in financial modeling for new artist spend and investment, including IRR / DCF analyses
• Drive the deal approval process in cooperation with UMG corporate development
• Support international offices as needed, including forecast and budget guidance, financial templates, and accounting policy compliance
• Coordinate and monitor global corporate policies for the music publishing company
• Assist in preparation of ad-hoc presentations for senior management
• Some international travel, as required
Bring your VIBE:
• Superior analytical skills and ability to ask proper questions in assessing reported information – hands-on reporting experience of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cashflow required
• Good understanding of IFRS accounting principles
• Ability to communicate policies and procedures and give direction to others in order to complete tasks
• Clear and efficient writing abilities
• Effective communication skills, particularly in dealing with international colleagues
• Calm, composed attitude when working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrable proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and familiarity with financial reporting software (Hyperion, SAP).
• 6+ years of accounting or finance experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field required
• CPA license strongly preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5knw7-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.