We are seeking a Manager to work in our Digital Rights Administration team. The ideal candidate will lead support of daily requests/issues in relation to TikTok, assist with rights management on other UGC platforms, develop an in depth understanding of UMG's UGC rights system to support label needs and requests, and oversee certain special projects. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys learning how systems work, troubleshooting issues, processing claims, maintaining organized records, and analyzing large data sets relating to platform deliveries for accuracy and completeness.
How you'll CREATE:
• Support UMG territories and labels with daily requests/issues in relation to TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Manage queues, process claim disputes and review manual claims across our partners.
• Oversee TikTok and Facebook rights conflicts and coordinate with DRA team to solve cross-platform conflicts.
• Manage agenda and lead internal/external meetings regarding TikTok operations.
• Provide feedback on rights management systems, operational processes and critical issues, and collaborate with partners to innovate and optimize. Manage tracking of open issues and feature requests for rights manager system.
• Understand and operate UMG supply chain systems related to rights management, especially UGC Workspace system. Understand data flow needed to administer rights management on UGC platforms, and surface enhancements and critical issues to management.
• Assist with special projects related to TikTok and Facebook rights management systems and UMG's UGC system.
• Prepare ad hoc reports for team management and cross functional stakeholders.
Bring your VIBE:
• Experience with YouTube CMS and/or Facebook Rights Manager
• Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube social media outlets
• Understanding of music copyrights
• Ability to find solutions to problems
• Keen interest in the digital music/ media industry and the technology that surrounds it
• SQL experience, a plus
• Advanced Excel abilities, proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, and Outlook
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Aptitude to learn and manage vast catalogues of artists and repertoire
• Passion for music and technology
• Knowledge of digital asset delivery, content operations or metadata management
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.