Sr. Manager eCommerce Creative
Universal Music Group
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Customer Engagement Manager to join our eCommerce group, sitting on a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting UMG Nashville's eCommerce initiatives. This person will have the opportunity to craft and execute campaigns on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic country artists in the world, leading eCommerce customer engagement initiatives across UMG Nashville's roster. They will collaborate closely with stakeholders across the label, artist, and eCommerce teams to develop and execute customer engagement plans that deliver amazing experiences to both the fans and our artists.
Candidates should have experience driving direct-to-consumer marketing programs, with expertise in the customer journey across channels. They must be the organizing force and leader in driving direct-to-consumer campaigns for the UMG Nashville eCommerce team.
How you'll CREATE:
• Translate overarching campaign strategy and creative vision into customer engagement plans that drive artist and UMG Nashville's eCommerce goals.
• Work collaboratively with central and label marketing teams to activate eCommerce campaigns across artist and owned channels, including email, social media, SEO/SEM, paid media, affiliate and influencer marketing, SMS and messaging, and broader optimization strategies.
• Use data and analytics to optimize storefronts and campaign performance against commercial and audience development goals on an ongoing basis.
• Leverage the use of non-commercial content (e.g. editorial, video content) on UMG Nashville stores to drive customer engagement initiatives.
• Maintain a deep understanding of our consumer segments and trends, developing targeted customer journeys that deepen the fan-to-artist connection and increase customer lifetime value.
• Work with the analytics team and key stakeholders to manage and deliver campaign reporting to the label and artist teams.
• Develop comprehensive, targeted customer messaging plans across channels, bespoke to the artist or store brand.
• Partner with front-line customer experience / customer service teams to ensure the fan is at the center of everything we do.
• Research and formulate ways to optimize the user experience (landing pages, customer journeys, streamlined purchase funnel, etc.).
• Work hand in hand with teammates across creative planning, store management, and operations to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and UMG Nashville's artists.
Bring your VIBE:
• 3-5+ years experience managing eCommerce customer engagement campaigns from ideation to execution.
• Rich understanding of music fandom and the fan experience, specific to different artists and genres, particularly within the UMe roster.
• Deep understanding of consumer behavior and digital marketing trends across social media, CRM, and media buying.
• Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
• Creative approach to problem-solving.
• Exceptional verbal and written abilities - communication skills are essential (both internally and externally).
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
• High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
• Strong attention to detail; must be extremely detail-oriented.
• Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion with little oversight.
• Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing client needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
• Strong passion for the music industry required. Experience in the music industry, particularly within a label, is a major plus.
• Experience with Shopify is a plus.
• Basic Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
What's in it for you?
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.