Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE) is the world's leading Latin entertainment company. The company is home to some of the most prolific names in Latin music, including J Balvin, Karol G, Jhay Cortez, Juanes, Alejandro Fernandez, Los Tigres del Norte, Luis Fonsi, Juan Gabriel, Gloria Trevi, amongst many others. UMLE's labels include Universal Music Latino, Fonovisa, Disa, and GTS, the company's artist management division.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced bilingual (English/ ) attorney to work for UMG's Universal Music Latin Entertainment sub-labels, Fonovisa/ Disa and Virgin US Latin. This position is responsible for a heavy transaction flow in connection with the negotiation and drafting of various music and entertainment-related agreements, rights clearances, and rendering legal advice with respect to the acquisition of content and the exploitation of recorded product.
How you'll CREATE:
• Provide on-going legal counsel for the above-mentioned transactions
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of legal agreements, including, exclusive recording, management, distribution, license, profit sharing, production, producer, performer and featured artist agreements, video, photo, remix and other entertainment and music industry related agreements.
• Provide input and legal support in connection with the entertainment business strategies and the implementation thereof.
• Responsible for the review of data briefs, monitoring of critical dates, payments, and other ongoing rights and obligations set forth in the agreements, and informing appropriate company personnel of such information.
• Responsible for clearing legal rights and approving the release of recorded products.
• Maintain internal rights management systems.
• Liaise with UMG's central legal department and UMGs outside attorneys as needed with respect to litigation matters.
Bring your VIBE:
• Fluent written and spoken English/ .
• Proven in-depth knowledge of agreements relating to production, distribution, sales, marketing, financing, recorded music and video products.
• Must be adept at drafting and negotiating recorded content acquisition, marketing and exploitation agreements.
• Strong knowledge of music law, music industry, intellectual property, and record label issues.
• Must be able to work under time constraints.
• Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
• Computer experience: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment.
• Ability to keep information confidential.
• Must be willing to work extended hours.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and well organized.
• Minimum 2-4 years of experience required.
• Strong law firm and/or Business & Legal Affairs experience/training required.
• BA/BS degree
• Juris Doctorate
• Licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in any of the following jurisdictions: FL, CA, and/or NY
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyen83-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.