Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
Management Accountant (Maternity Cover)
In this role you will assist the Senior Financial Controller in all aspects of financial reporting & general ledger maintenance in the Music Publishing division.
Skills & Experience
• Responsible for ensuring an accurate and timely month end close. Includes preparation of journals, balance sheet reconciliations and upload of monthly financial results into the consolidation tool (Hyperion Financial Management - HFM)
• Preparation of statutory financial statements and related reporting
• Set up and maintain SAP WBS projects and development of reporting schedules
• Monitor processes and procedures and look for ways to streamline current methods
• Assist in the monthly preparation and delivery of the full P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow for Music Publishing and preparation of monthly management packs across all divisions
• Produce monthly management and operational reports to communicate results to the business and responsible for assisting other finance staff in monthly and quarterly meetings with department heads.
• Assistance in forecasting and budgeting procedures (SAP, BPC forecasting system and HFM) on an ongoing basis.
• Assistance with internal control developments including compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and related frameworks
• Liaising with royalty department, including income reconciliation and reviews
• Production cost approval (Uniport) monitoring and point of contact for the Production Music division
• Ad hoc work as required – particularly in providing support to the Financial Controller.
• Finalist or Qualified - CIMA/ACCA/ACA
• Experience of producing management accounts (Full P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
• Experience using SAP and Hyperion
• Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise
• Strong communication with excellent presentation skills
• Self-motivated, proactive and flexible team player
• Strong computer literacy (Microsoft office / advanced Excel) and ability to learn new packages quickly
• Experience of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yjx1-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.