Data A&R Analyst
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
This role sits within the Music and Audio Machine Learning Lab (MAML) at UMG. The MAML's mission is to support and empower UMG business units and partners with advanced technologies for Music, Audio and Machine Learning.
The MAML covers the full research & development lifecycle, from explorative research to prototypes to industrial scale products. It typically undertakes projects with applications such as, but not limited to, analysis and description of recordings, creative tools, search, recommendation, playlisting, auto-tagging etc.
As an Audio & Machine Learning Scientist, you will:
• Design and build state-of-the-art Audio and Machine Learning algorithms to tackle a variety of tasks
• Explore cutting-edge research in ML/MIR/Audio and new application avenues for UMG
• Collaborate with the team and stakeholders to deploy models to production
• Communicate results and findings to audiences of all levels of expertise
• Be part of an innovative and dynamic team
Skills & Experience
• Background in Music Information Retrieval / Machine Learning / Audio Signal Processing
• Solid experience as a scientist e.g. PhD and 1+ years, or equivalent experience
• Up to date knowledge of general Machine Learning / Deep Learning state of the art
• Strong software engineering
• Thorough knowledge of Python and usual scientific libraries e.g. Numpy, Scipy, sklearn or similar
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of Deep Learning and its usual frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch or similar)
• Familiarity with Linux environments
• Ability to write good, well documented, and reusable code
• Track record of publication(s) in relevant conferences or journals (e.g. ISMIR, ICASSP, ICML, ICLR or similar)
• Experience in MIR tasks such as auto-tagging, music classification, structural segmentation, tempo estimation, or related tasks
• Experience with generative models
• Experience working in the industry
• Experience going all the way from ideation / early research to production
• Familiarity/experience with cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform or similar)
• Experience with containerised software development (Docker)
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Curious, self-motivated, and proactive
• Passion for music and/or deep musical understanding
If you are excited at the idea of working on state-of-the-art music & audio machine learning at industry scale and make an impact, we want to hear from you!
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzeyen-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.