Digital Rights Administrator
Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How you'll CREATE:
• Oversee all creative sync needs and initiatives for UMPG's Latin music catalog including procuring synchronization opportunities for Latin songwriters and Latin repertoire in all media including film, film trailers, TV, TV promos, advertising, sports, and video games.
• Develop and maintain relationships with Latin songwriters, music licensing agents, managers, and attorneys to assist and guide in decisions relating to sync opportunities.
• Travel to meet, help manage and coordinate with music supervisors and music creatives at film studios, television production companies, and advertising agencies on music needs for various projects.
• Research and provide copyright information for new Latin repertoire and catalog.
• Plan and schedule showcases and meetings for Latin songwriters and artists.
• Coordinate with UMPG's global Latin offices to help maximize exposure for their rosters.
• Translate song lyrics from to English.
• Arrange Latin artist songwriting camps and sync songwriting sessions
Bring your VIBE:
• Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure/deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
• Resolution-oriented with the ability to think and act independently.
• General knowledge of music industry and copyright issues.
• Contacts at film and TV studios, advertising agencies, trailer houses, and with music supervisors
• Strong ability to work independently under general direction and collaboratively to assist junior members of the department
• Bi-lingual in English and
• Expertise in music licensing and in-depth knowledge and recognition of Latin music
• Established relationships within the licensing community including record labels, music publishers, managers, and music clearance companies
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, iTunes, Adobe
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb4n1-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.