Brand Partnerships & Market Relations Manager
Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
Universal Music Group is the world's leading music company. Within its UMGB division, UMG has been building a team of media enablement and operations specialists to commercialise its media products and take its powerful music media repertoire to market. The UMG eco-system boasts a huge footprint in the media and entertainment landscape, and our products in market encapsulate data, video, and social media opportunities.
UMG is looking for a passionate and determined individual to join its burgeoning media team to help grow its existing advertising sales opportunity, while ensuring the foundations are in place for further development of our team and products into the future. The UMG media team is based primarily in New York and London, with this particular role based in London on a permanent basis.
Skills & Experience
• Build out process for constant reporting of market capabilities and updates
• Identify and pursue new business opportunities with agencies and clients that currently reside outside of UMG's existing partnerships in conjunction with management
• Identify best practice use cases, and build out case studies to showcase the power of UMG's media products and share them with our markets
• Develop a core understanding of the UMG and UMGB ecosystem, and identify new ways to evangelise UMG's media sales opportunity within those teams
• Regularly maintain and update central CMS tool, to ensure accurate and up to date reporting is provided to internal stakeholders
• Recognise trends in the use of media and entertainment, notably by brands and agencies developing new business models to take to market
• Provide feedback and reporting on campaigns and results as required, to both UMG clients and internal management
• Work closely with UMG local markets to understand their specific needs and requirements as it pertains to media strategy, being mindful of varying levels of maturity and core capabilities
• Support in the organisation, creation, and presentation of market media workshops, across the 45 different UMG operating countries
• Support the team in daily tasks, especially in work related to market support and coordination
• Core focus on client and local UMG market needs: anticipate, understand, and respond to the requests of internal and external clients to ensure UMG products are a consistent choice for media briefs
• Prior knowledge of Google ad products, such as Ad Manager or DV360
• Strategic and commercial awareness of both the media industry and ad tech landscape
• Tenacious and driven self-starter, who feels at home in a small team and working independently when required
• Prior experience in client facing/account management roles desirable
• Confident communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain good working relationships across a variety of internal & external stakeholders
• Creative eye and attention to detail imperative
• Strong interest and passion for music and the media landscape, with a desire to find synergies between the two
• Exemplary IT skills, including highly skilled in MS Powerpoint and MS Excel.
• French or German speaker is a bonus
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq3m0-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.