Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
Reporting into the head of sales this is a key role managing two grocery accounts for CD distribution as well as supporting two of UMGs most business-critical partners in Amazon and HMV, working in an overall team of five people providing general administrative support across our physical business.
Skills & Experience
• Manages weekly meetings with business partners covering the day to day distribution of UMG & NOW titles. The sell in for frontline and catalogue releases includes provisions of relevant sales data, forecasting and promo information
• Weekly albums performance reviews to include P&L Management and focusing on areas to improve
• Inputs into commercial terms review and negotiations for Grocers
• Works closely with Operations colleagues and labels on stock management.
• Supports Head of Sales across all partners, is flexible and manages balanced workload
• Works closely with commercial Interns and Admin manager, managing workload and delegation of key task in timely manner to follow critical path
• Attend and contribute to regular meetings with label contacts to ensure the grocery team receive all necessary information as and when needed and grocery updates provided to labels
• Scientific forecasting for key releases, to be shared with buying & label teams within critical path
• Detailed forecasting to determine whether we support titles in grocers and lifecycle and pricing management
• Lead thinking in partnership with LM and NOW MD on release strategy, spend, pricing and promotions
• Work closely with Director of Group Catalogue Sales to choose the right titles per grocer
• Capitalise on promotional price drops and drafting opportunities
• Work with UMC team to ensure best available coverage for JV titles, manage lifecycle and chart positions
• Seek opportunities to maximise sales on key album launches with best in class execution in specialist sector, while efficiently managing spend / stock
• Seek opportunities to add value to artist launches with relevant retailer mechanics, socials and store events
• Good organisational skills and confident communicator
• Highly organised and able to manage own workload effectively
• Computer literate across all Microsoft Office applications. High level Excel Literacy
• Previous experience working in a busy office environment preferred
• Motivated / self-starter, with a proactive approach
• Good communication skills, written and verbal
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxv8oj-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.