Application Security Engineer
Universal Music Group
Remote / Virtual
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our team is growing, and with immediate effect we are looking for a
Java Developer | Global Products and Services
Our passion is music and technology. We operate like a startup and work with the best people in the industry. Our solutions are driving the future of digital music, eCommerce and have significant impact on the success of UMG. Become a member of a great team which is working together successfully for many years.
How you'll LEAD:
• You will be part of an agile team, working on global projects, creating the systems and services that enable the success of UMG.
• You will work on building UMGs new services platform, the foundation of a landscape of modern and cutting-edge applications which are powering UMG's business and operations.
• You will build systems & services that integrate with existing applications & functions across all domains of the business (finance, data, distribution, playlist curation etc.)
• Beside writing your own code, you will be involved in architecture sessions but also participate in code reviews, feature testing and bug fixing. You will continuously acquire a deep understanding of UMG's IT landscape and become a key member of the UMG platform and services team.
• ''We build it, we run it'' - You will have operational responsibility for the software you build and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with business users, operations and product owners on the future of the platform.
How you'll CREATE:
• Ideally you have already experience creating microservices architectures, knowing about, its joys and challenges and are excited to build something with HA and scalability in its DNA.
• We want you to feel comfortable on the frontend as well as on the backend, having professional experience with modern Java as well as ReactJS, .NET experience is a plus.
• Solid experience with GIT, CI/CD tools, paired with the ability to write automated tests & testable code is expected.
• Containerizing applications, deploying them into a Kubernetes cluster in a public cloud (AWS, GCP) environment is something that should be familiar to you – we will help you getting an expert in it.
• We want you to be familiar with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle and know about patterns / antipatterns to write performant queries.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm82y6-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.