A typical day will be spent working within a team of skilled developers, product owner and testers to deliver high quality software critical to our music business which is continually being shaped by advances in technology.
Each team is currently working within the Scrum framework in two week sprints however we are not dogmatic about our approach, we release as and when stories are complete so some days the teams will make multiple releases to production.
We advocate continual improvement and learning at both team and personal level, there will be many opportunities for training, knowledge sharing and to switch teams and projects as our applications grow and evolve with the business needs.
We are looking for developers with experience in our current tech stack listed below but most importantly we are looking for passionate developers who love learning, love solving problems and love being in an environment that supports this.
Skills & Experience
• Experience with OO languages (JAVA or similar)
• Knowledge SQL / Relational Databases (or similar)
• Strong creative and innovative problem-solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
• Engage with colleagues to promote great software design and quality
• Knowledge / Exposure to SPA framework – e.g. react or angular (or similar)
• Knowledge / Exposure to Spring Framework (or similar)
• Knowledge / Exposure to Git SCM (or similar)
• Knowledge / Exposure to Linux (or similar)
• Interest in cloud technologies
• Interest to learn more about new languages and frameworks
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g468mz-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.