Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
The Director of Global Royalty serves as a key pillar within UMPG's global administration team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Royalty, the Director role encompasses ownership of income processing, income circulation across territories, and team oversight. Leadership experience, masterful communication, and a drive towards the future are keys to success.
How you'll CREATE:
• Oversee income processing for UMPG's global administration system for all territories including North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia and all UMPG affiliate territories
• Manage the workload and workflow for the greater Royalty team, seeking to maintain a highly efficient, accurate, and data rich operation
• Partner with internal administration teams to manage the income circulation process across territories each quarter, adhering to strict deadlines and control procedures
• Manage income circulation messaging and customer service for all UMPG affiliate territories, building strong relationships around the world
• Actively engage with UMPG's finance team to ensure a strong partnership between global administration and finance counterparts
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and support for the Global Royalty team, seeking to maintain and elevate a world class publishing administration operation
• Contribute to the building of new system tools and the implementation of new technologies within UMPG's Global Royalty system, partnering with teams cross divisionally and around the world
• Prepare metrics, presentations and reporting of key performance indicators each quarter
• Execute ad hoc projects and delegated tasks as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• 5+ years of highly effective leadership and team management in a music administration setting
• Proven experience adhering to a strict recurring deadline schedule while navigating competing priorities
• Advanced user of Microsoft products with a heavy emphasis on Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work in a bespoke systems landscape
• Experience preparing accounting reconciliations
• Experience representing business interests in the building of proprietary information systems
• Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships internally and externally
• MBA or CPA completion a plus, with undergraduate studies in business administration, accounting, or music business preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Winter Break'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnm8q-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.