Ingrooves Music Group
Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today's dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
The successful candidate considers themselves a full-stack engineer with the ability to jump in and make a difference anywhere in a stack. They can modify UI components, write a RESTful API, and implement a persistence backend. As a member of the software development team, you will be designing, prototyping, and delivering scalable solutions in an agile environment. You will be responsible for contributing to the Register product, a user-facing financial application for managing music streaming revenue statements as well as royalty accounting for downstream payees. This position reports to the Manager, Software Development and is based in Victoria, BC, though applicants from similar time zones are also invited to apply.
How you'll CREATE:
• Research, design, and propose technical and architectural solutions to development and design problems, offering thorough and balanced evaluations of alternative implementations
• Write high-quality code that satisfies our customer's needs, striving for simplicity, clarity, and testability
• Participate in and solicit code reviews, accepting and offering timely and constructive criticism that helps us prevent defects
• Develop and propose code and processes that help us achieve the goal of continuous delivery of software products
• Assist development teams and individual's adoption of shared tools and process improvements
• Implement unit and integration tests for your own code as well as solutions that span multiple teams
• Proactively report and fix defects
• Document solutions and processes
• Participate in the Agile Scrum development process
• Follow code quality, unit testing, and documentation standards
Bring your VIBE:
• Experience with single-page application frameworks such as React (preferred), Vue, or Angular.
• Understanding of Resource-Oriented and Service-Oriented Architectures
• Familiarity with and understanding of architectural and OO design patterns
• Experience with relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL) is preferred
• Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis is a plus
• Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. General DevOps and infrastructure experience (Docker, AWS, Linux administration) is a plus
• Experience with software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
• Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
• Proven record of productivity in remote-work environments with minimal guidance
• Strong ability to understand context for code, the codebase, and its relation to business objectives
• Sensitive, empathetic, reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.