Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world's leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries.
Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse, and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music's greatest artists, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
You will work in a newly created Product R&D team to design and develop new prototype products and features for UMG's suite of internal data products. In addition to, working closely with user research, UX, data science and engineering to build prototypes of innovative new features to test with a wide range of internal user groups, and UMG's artists, artist managers and partner labels.
How you'll CREATE:
• Utilize a wide variety of data sources including social platforms, video platforms, streaming partners, and social listening tools to deliver compelling and timely insights to users.
• Work with product development and engineering teams to translate validated prototypes into requirements and technical specifications for production.
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum of 4 years of experience working with web technologies and a passion for UX.
• Advanced SQL skills are a must.
• Experience with modern web frameworks and libraries like Python, Angular, React, and D3, and BI tools such as Google Data Studio is a plus.
• Experience in GCP cloud data products such as Big Query, Pub Sub, Data Flow, Cloud Storage, Cloud Composer, Cloud Functions & Data Studio.
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• A highly creative and innovative problem-solver.
• Experience in product analytics such as Google Analytics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
• Ability to tackle technology and data quality challenges head-on
• Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
• Previous experience working with PM, Design, and Engineering leads
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in the music industry
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11ow0-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.