Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
This position will be responsible for processing third party digital sales files for Universal Music Group (UMG). Duties include, but are not limited to, revenue recognition, maintaining third-party contractual compliance and maintaining SOX compliance. This position interacts with all levels of internal UMG management, as well as with the finance and operation employees of the US labels, business analysis, legal and external digital service providers. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Digital Finance for UMG.
How you'll CREATE:
• Processing third party account transaction files into UMG systems
• Review reported data for accuracy and completeness
• Review of data load into the sales system, validating contractual financial terms
• Review and reconciliation of the data created from digital sales processor with downstream systems
• Resolution of transaction file issues with third party accounts
• Maintain third party reporting and payment status report
• Creating corresponding journal entries to record revenue
• New Digital partner onboarding
• Review and clearance of suspense transactions resulting from inaccurate data submissions from third party digital accounts
• Management and label reporting of UMG digital revenue
• Review third-party contracts for compliance and entry into contract database
• Communication with third-party companies regarding all issues of compliance
• Support audit requests, forecasting and planning
• Special projects and variance analysis as required
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's degree with a major in Finance or Accounting required
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in related field required
• Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees at all levels of our company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate/advanced Excel proficiency, including use of pivot tables and worksheet functions
• SAP experience a plus
• Entertainment industry experience a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1qp6-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.