- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Finance Manager, UMPG China
Responsible to: Finance Director
Location of Work: Shanghai
Universal Music Publishing is part of Universal Music Group. Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is a leading global music publisher with 47 offices in 45 countries. Headquartered in Los Angeles, UMPG represents music across every genre from some of the world's most important songwriters and catalogs.
UMPG is also a global leader in Classical, Christian/Gospel, and Production Music. The company plays a major role in film and TV, providing creative and synch licensing services, and administration for such companies as Warner Bros. Pictures, Universal Pictures, HBO, DreamWorks, DreamWorks Animation, NBC and Sesame Workshop, among others.
JDE Month-end closing and reporting
- Working together with SSC (share service center in Dalian) to ensure all related tasks completed on a timely and accurately manner.
- Complete month-end/quarter-end/year-end Financial reporting pack and ad hoc reports required by corporate reporting team.
Organizing original documents and invoices filled and sent to SSC for filling purpose.
- Reviewing Balance Sheet key line items on a monthly basis and reconcile the movements by sub-account.
Fixed Assets and CAPEX
- Ensure CAPEX investment pre-approved, working together with SSC to ensure all related items set up in JDE and amortized based on standards/regulation.
- Keep all Fixed Assets tracking closely, working together with SSC to ensure FA cards set up in JDE and depreciated based on standards/regulation.
- Issuing invoices to licensing clients based on agreement and actual payment.
- Applying new tax invoices from Tax bureau.
- Tracking GRNI.
Statutory tax reporting and filed work
- Completing monthly, quarterly, yearly statutory tax reporting on a timely manner.
- Coordinating with local tax officer for related filed works.
- Completing CIT (corporate income tax), Surtax and Stamp duty reporting.
- Withholding tax reporting.
External and Internal audit
- Coordinate with external audit firm to complete annual audit.
- Working together with group internal audit team to fulfill internal compliance audit or due diligence.
Banking and Payments
- Preparing payment request list and coordinating with SSC for weekly payment schedule.
- Maintaining vendor master file and coordinating with SSC for vendor set up.
- CITI bank related file works.
• Sealing on related corporate agreements/contracts with company chop based on approval.
• Working as HR and Admin assistant on related issues (including office operation, coordination with internal and external HR partners).
• Assist in budget and forecast process.
• Participating in UMP China SAP implementation.
• Perform other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by Finance Director
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent, overseas education is a plus.
• Minimum 5 years experiences in Accounting or FP&A.
• Music industry related experience is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience on US GAAP, PRC GAAP and tax operation.
• Strong statutory company tax knowledge inclusive of income tax, VAT, Withholding Tax and other taxes as required.
• Extensive accounting systems experience (Hyperion Financial Management, JDE, SAP).
• Extensive Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience.
• Proactive and positive approach to work and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Good communication skills both internally and externally, be able to work under pressure and can demonstrate strong ownership.
• Strong organizational skills due to the high scope of the position.
• Fluent in English and Chinese, reliable and responsible.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2q9w-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Universal Music Group
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.