Director Of Marketing / Audience Growth
Universal Music Group
New York, NY
The Verve Label Group (VLG), a division of Universal Music Group based in New York City, comprises some of the greatest label imprints in jazz, classical, and beyond including Decca Records, Decca Classics, Deutsche Grammophon, Impulse!, Verve Records, and Verve Forecast, among others. VLG’s current roster includes Max Richter, Jon Batiste, Diana Krall, Ólafur Arnalds, Tank, and the Bangas, J.S. Ondara, S.G. Goodman, Blake Mills, Shabaka Hutchings, Madison Cunningham, and many more.
Verve Label Group is looking for a highly coordinated E-Commerce Manager to oversee the development and utility of the Verve Label Group’s income-generating sites. The E-Commerce Manager will be required to conduct research on effective website layouts and features, advise on evidence-based and experimental changes to our platforms, and monitor the effectiveness of strategies by inspecting standardized metrics.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Oversee and develop a large roster of E-Commerce stores under the Verve Label Group umbrella.
• Devising strategies that harness sales-related insights, prevailing standards, and novel developments to encourage sales in our online store.
• Executing new store development with the central E-Commerce team and meeting all required launch dates.
• Liaise with project manager and artist management to develop meaningful product offerings while staying on brand
• Coordinating and collating all required store assets and new offers with relative project management team.
• Analyzing sales-related metrics to ensure product is arriving at our warehouse and orders are being fulfilled with the goal of meeting expected customer delivery timelines
• Collaborate with clients and vendors to ensure deadlines are met and all issues are effectively communicated and resolved
• Creating a calendar of promotional sales campaigns to drive store traffic and sales.
• Analyzing traffic and sales to measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies
• Develop a superior customer experience from pre to post-sale engagement with the goal of building a loyal customer base.
• Proactively identify project-related issues and facilitate problem resolution with appropriate parties
• Routinely provide updates about relevant trends and innovations in e-commerce
• Reporting weekly and monthly sales reports
Bring your VIBE:
• 3-5 years of experience working E-Commerce
• Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with many individuals and teams.
• Ability to comfortably manage multiple projects at a time, while staying on deadline and sustaining quality of work.
• Identify and set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and department initiatives
• Ability to quickly and calmly react to changing organizational needs and deadlines, both internal and external.
• Proactive and adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
• Strong working knowledge of Product, Inventory, and Order management systems
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Proficient in Excel & Microsoft Office
• Very strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.