Director, eCommerce & Label Services (IGA)
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (''IGA'') is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, Billie Eilish, Selena Gomez, DaBaby, and many more. Since 1991, IGA's artists have consistently redefined the sound of popular music across genres and continue to shape the landscape of culture at large. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
Interscope Geffen A&M and UMG eCommerce are seeking a driven individual to join our teams as a Director, eCommerce & Label Services. This person will report into the UMG eComm group, but will be deeply embedded into IGA's operations and co-located in the label's Santa Monica office. Leading a cross-functional team of D2C experts, you'll drive global eCommerce planning & release management across IGA's artist roster, collaborating closely with the label, Bravado, and key groups across UMG to deliver amazing D2C experiences for IGA, their artists, and-most importantly-their fans.
How you'll CREATE:
• Represent eCommerce within the IGA label & artist community:
• Lead the eCommerce & Label Services group's partnership with IGA, cultivating strong trust and working relationships across key label partners, especially with product managers and senior leadership.
• Act as Interscope's D2C lead, engaging directly with artist teams to sell through eCommerce proposals and to deliver against plans.
• Work closely with label stakeholders, Bravado brand managers, and creative lead(s) to ensure ongoing store activity is aligned into broader artist development goals, both on- and off-cycle.
• Develop and educate label stakeholders and artist teams on best practices for direct-to-consumer (D2C) programs spanning both music & merch products.
• Drive label engagement and implementation of core D2C initiatives.
• Create case studies to engage label partners & artist teams around eCommerce capabilities
• Drive eCommerce calendar & campaign planning & execution
• Lead store planning, release and program management across Interscope's eCommerce rights, working in close collaboration with merchandise rights owners (ROs) to integrate eCommerce into always-on artist planning.
• Leverage and develop capabilities to support artist development and fan engagement across all D2C touchpoints (eCommerce, Subscriptions, VIP, Fan Clubs, etc.)
• Ensure all eCommerce programs are optimized to support growth against IGA and UMG eCommerce KPIs including revenue, rights acquisition & activation, customer experience, and global sales.
• Work across IGA, eCommerce, merch rights owners (ROs), international, and other center teams to facilitate collaboration between appropriate stakeholders across programs, ensuring teams are briefed and integrated appropriately from planning through to execution and fulfillment.
• Lead a cross-functional team to deliver against IGA & UMG's eCommerce KPIs:
• Foster a positive, collaborative, and trusting environment of mutual respect and support across internal eComm partners supporting IGA's business (creative, merchandising, store management, operations, production, etc.).
• Report back to IGA and UMG eCommerce leadership on store, campaign, and label-level performance, in addition to ongoing activity & status reporting.
• Liaise with IGA Finance and UMG Finance across eCommerce programs, including managing campaign P&Ls.
• Ensure eCommerce program compliance with UMG and eCommerce policies.
Bring your VIBE:
• 7-10+ years of relevant experience working in Music, eCommerce/D2C or related field
• Strong track record of working directly with artists and/or label teams; demonstrated ability to build trust with artist teams. Existing relationships within the IGA artist community is a major plus.
• Expert understanding of eCommerce, specifically trends/best practices across music and artist merchandise and consumer behavior
• Natural ability to collaborate and serve the needs of labels and artists. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our partners and their customers.
• Must be available to work nights and weekends, especially during priority releases, including regular midnight launches timed with music releases.
• High level of responsiveness and comfort communicating with artist and partner teams via text, phone, email, chat, etc.
• Established track record of effectively communicating and selling through music strategies and campaign plans.
• Strong understanding of product P&L's to ensure profitability and margin
• Familiarity with physical music and merchandise production is strongly preferred.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing client needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
• Experience with Shopify strongly preferred
• Experience with Monday.com is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint, Excel) and Mac OS.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5ny1-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.