Merchandise and commerce are becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce and UMG Nashville are seeking a driven individual to join our teams as a Director, eCommerce & Label Services. This person will sit within the UMG eCommerce & Label Services group, but will be deeply embedded into Nashville's operations and co-located with their team. Leading a cross-functional team of experts across key eCommerce functions, you will drive eCommerce planning & release management across Nashville's roster, collaborating closely with the label, merchandise rights owners (ROs), and key groups across UMG to deliver exceptional D2C experiences for UMGN, their artists, and-most importantly-their fans.
How you'll CREATE:
• Represent eCommerce within the UMG Nashville label & artist community
• Lead the eCommerce group's partnership with the label, cultivating strong trust and working relationships across key label partners, especially with product managers and senior leadership.
• Develop and educate label stakeholders and artist teams on best practices for eCommerce programs spanning both music & merch products.
• Drive label engagement and implementation of core UMG eCommerce initiatives.
• Create case studies to engage label partners & artist teams around eCommerce capabilities
• Support across UMGN eCommerce activity, engaging directly with artist teams to help the label sell through eCommerce proposals and to deliver against D2C plans.
• Support the label and work with merch RO brand managers to ensure store calendars are aligned to broader artist development goals for UMGN, both on- and off-cycle
• Drive eCommerce calendar & campaign planning & execution
• Ensure all eCommerce programs are optimized to support growth against the label's and UMG's eCommerce KPIs including revenue, rights acquisition & activation, customer experience, and global sales.
• Work across UMGN, eCommerce, merch ROs, international, and other center teams to facilitate collaboration between appropriate stakeholders across programs, ensuring teams are briefed and integrated appropriately from planning through to execution and fulfillment.
• Support the UMGN team to help drive store planning, release and program management across UMGN's eCommerce rights, working in close collaboration with merchandise rights owners (ROs)
• Lead a cross-functional team to deliver against UMGN & UMG's eCommerce KPIs:
• Foster a positive, collaborative, and trusting environment of mutual respect and support across internal eComm partners supporting UMGN's business (creative, merchandising, store management, operations, production, etc.).
• Report back to Nashville and UMG eCommerce leadership on store, campaign, and label-level performance, in addition to ongoing activity & status reporting.
• Ensure eCommerce program compliance with UMG and eCommerce policies.
Bring your VIBE:
• 7-10+ years of relevant experience working in Music, eCommerce/D2C or related field
• Strong track record of working directly with country music artists and/or label teams; demonstrated ability to build trust with artist teams. Existing relationships within the UMG Nashville artist community is a major plus.
• Expert understanding of eCommerce, specifically trends/best practices across country music and artist merchandise and consumer behavior
• Natural ability to collaborate and serve the needs of labels and artists. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our partners and their customers.
• Must be available to work nights and weekends, especially during priority releases, including regular midnight launches timed with music releases.
• High level of responsiveness and comfort communicating with artist and partner teams via text, phone, email, chat, etc.
• Established track record of effectively communicating and selling through music strategies and campaign plans.
• Strong understanding of product P&L's to ensure profitability and margin
• Familiarity with physical music and merchandise production is strongly preferred.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing client needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
• Experience with Shopify strongly preferred
• Experience with Monday.com is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint, Excel) and Mac OS.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvzq17-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.