Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it's a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it's another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Director of Creative Strategy to join our eCommerce group, sitting on a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting Republic Records. This person will guide and oversee the creative strategy for Republic Records' eCommerce business, including product development and design, site experience and content production (photo, video, and digital marketing assets), in order to create compelling fan experiences on behalf of some of the biggest artists in the world. They will work in close partnership with creative stakeholders across the label, artist, and eCommerce teams to bring all of the necessary creative to life for each campaign.
How you'll CREATE:
• Lead creative strategy and production to drive artist and Rights Owner eCommerce goals.
• Develop rich storytelling through product strategy, development and design that will serve as the cornerstone for further campaign creative.
• Act as creative lead across product launches and accompanying eCommerce activations, ensuring the artist's narrative is fully represented throughout the end-to-end customer experience.
• Communicate directly with the labels and artist teams alongside cross-functional team members to sell through creative product strategies.
• Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across eCommerce, label groups, and the wider UMG organization.
• Work closely with label creative and other creative resources-artist team members, freelance designers, merchandise companies, etc.-to bring artist brand and campaign narratives to life across product, site experience, and content.
• Work with the eCommerce Experience and Site Merchandising team to leverage historic and audience data to inform creative strategy and output.
• Work hand in hand with teammates across Artist Engagement, eCommerce Experience and Site Merchandising, Store Management, Operations & Customer Service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and UMG artists.
Bring your VIBE:
• 5-7 years experience managing creative and/or eCommerce campaigns from ideation to execution, preferably in music or fashion/retail.
• Established track record of selling through creative concepts and strategies to clients.
• Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
• Exceptional verbal and written abilities - communication and presentation skills are essential (both internally and externally).
• Working knowledge of product sourcing and production.
• Deep understanding of what goes into our work and this role, including:
• Music fandom and the fan to artist connection.
• Brand differentiation across artists and music genres.
• Trends that appeal to a range of music audiences.
• eCommerce, specifically trends and best practices as they apply to the fan to artist relationship.
• Creative approach to problem solving.
• Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to stay flexible, calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines amidst changing client needs.
• Self-starter attitude, capable of owning important responsibilities from inception to completion.
• Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make decisions informed by data.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS required.
• Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in music business, fashion/retail, marketing, creative, or a related field.
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
$59,400.00 - $134,200.00
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb3066-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.