Digital Media Manager
Universal Music Group
DIRECTOR COMMUNICATIONS (12 MONTH CONTRACT)
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
We are currently searching for a Director, Communications to join our Communications team. If you fit this profile (or you know someone who does), this may be a good opportunity to consider!
• Responsible for creating and communicating press campaigns and strategies for Universal Music's roster of artists from emerging domestic talent to triple A international acts
• Prioritize media opportunities and create assets including press releases and other supporting materials
• Daily liaising with media to keep informed of all current artist releases and to identify any new opportunities where artists can be promoted
• Work with the following internal departments to create and implement artist plans: Marketing , P romotion s , International, Digital and Interactive
• For domestic artists, work with PR teams at affiliated labels in the U.S. and beyond, as well as hired external publicists to make sure all parties are aligned with artist strategy, pitching, etc.
• Coaching and mentoring direct reports
• Keep informed of all current industry news
• Assist Senior Director, Communications with corporate or internal communications tasks as needed (quarterly reports, corporate press releases, major company announcements, internal memos, etc.)
• Help streamline internal processes by finding gaps and implement ing solutions in order to increase efficiency
• Other duties as assigned
• 7-9 years
of relevant experience in communications or public relations
• A gency background or agency-orientated attitude to serving in-house ''clients''
• Proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad array of employees and constituents
• Managerial experience in helping others prioritize, putting things into perspective, seeing the bigger picture, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of all media
• Experience working with and effectively influencing senior management
• Excellent priority-setting, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organization, planning and priority setting skills
• Ability to identify various communications opportunities
• Strong love of music
Please apply before November 20 , 20 20
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people of colour , women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.