Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company's record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
The Director, New Business is responsible for the development and execution of strategic marketing partnerships that drive incremental revenue across identified priorities within UMG's catalogue portfolio of Artists, Content and IP.
Reporting to the EVP of Commerce, the Director will work with brands and agencies to develop integrated marketing campaigns that leverage digital, social and experiential marketing as well as new content creation with the support of media promotional budgets to drive new business.
He/she will develop new business prospects and contribute to delivering best in class entertainment marketing, content, and event programs for clients.
How you'll CREATE:
• Create, negotiate and manage relationships with key brand partners and agencies
• Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across the catalogue team in product development & marketing
• Account manage brand deals for the UMe New Business department. This includes project management from concept to execution - Director will serve as a primary client contact
• Ownership of program and project ideation process - leads the development of creative concepts and guide the packaging and delivery of ideas and new business presentations
• Maximize the use of research and insights to create customized presentations and pitches to prospective clients
• Proactively communicate with agency, media, digital, and brand industries UMe priorities to explore opportunities
• Meet & exceed sales goals
Bring your VIBE:
• Strong organizational and time management skills: Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Self-starter with robust Rolodex, able to take initiative with new projects, with ability to make cold calls
• Professional demeanour in dealing with clients and co-workers
• Ability to collaborate across groups
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to travel as needed for partner meetings
• Experience in strategic/partnership marketing pertaining to music and / or entertainment industries
• Demonstrated experience in bringing concepts to life through written presentations
• Demonstrated success in driving the new business process from concept and sale through to execution
• Experience in media, entertainment, brand and/or agency industries required; music industry experience a plus
• 4-year college degree
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.