UMG's Digital Rights Administration team is dedicated to monitoring and monetizing content on digital platforms. We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional new hire with familiarity to Universal's artists and catalogue. This new role will work on daily requests/issues in relation to YouTube and Facebook and act as an administrator on special claiming projects. This consists of troubleshooting issues, resolving conflicts, manually claiming where these platforms have failed to identify our copyrights and analyzing catalogs delivered to these platforms for accurate and complete information. The team's goal is to maximize value from the rights of UMG's recording artists in the digital space through content claiming.
Skills & Experience
• Track uses of the UMG catalogue and take appropriate steps to evaluate and take action on any infringing videos
• Establish an in-depth understanding of YouTube's Content Management System (''CMS'') and Facebook's Rights Manager (''RM'') and their relation to the protection and exploitation of UMG music on YouTube & Facebook/Instagram
• Work with UMG repertoire owners, distributed labels to guarantee the satisfactory use of their recordings, as well as with third-parties to resolve claim disputes and ownership conflicts
• Communicate with other rights holders to resolve disputes and conflicts relating to the ownership of UMG recordings
• Surface any issues encountered while using the CMS tool and UMG internal systems to team lead and coordinate to develop solutions
• Engage with other UMG departments as needed, helping to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of our claiming activities
• Manage and assess the accuracy of sound recording-related data in CMS
• Increase advertising revenue by exploring YouTube for popular User Generated Content (''UGC'') and claiming videos that incorporate UMG's recording
• Provide UMG staff and/or stakeholders with detailed reports highlighting relevant analytics supplied by YouTube, including summaries of monetized and blocked videos
• Experience using new media and social networks, specifically YouTube, Facebook & Instagram
• Knowledge of digital asset delivery, content operations or metadata management.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and Google Sheets
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Superior organizational skills and task management
• Passion for music and technology
• Forward thinking and ambitious; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task
• Familiarity with Universal's artists and catalogue, ability to creatively search for UGC using UMG's content
• YouTube CMS experience and/or certification preferred
• Facebook Rights Manager experience preferred
• Experience in new media and social networks, specifically YouTube, Facebook & Instagram
• Experience at a music or entertainment company, digital platform, social network, rights management firm
• Rights management or copyright experience
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5xn1-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.