Digital Media Manager
Universal Music Group
JOB OPPORTUNITY – DIGITAL MEDIA PLANNER
Closing Date: November 25 , 20 20
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada's leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
W e are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love m usic and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Director, Consumer Engagement , this role will take their labels' digital media campaigns into the future by promoting their artists and compilations through integrated digital media campaigns. The ideal candidate should have a desire to be immersed in digital media buying technologies, best practice in marketing strategy as well as the labels' artists. They should be able to understand and communicate how data can be leveraged to affect strategy, planning and media buying and be excited about driving campaign results.
• Lead the development of digital media plans (social, programmatic, influencer, native) for UMC artists with KPI's centered around audience acquisition and engagement
• Understand the audience journey and recommend an approach that considers how the media tactic, creative, and targeting work together to move audiences to action
• Work closely with the marketing team and external vendors, and regularly reporting to the Director, Consumer Engagement on opportunities for UMC
• Work closely with external agency partners and develop new, innovative tactics and strategies to better connect audiences with new music
• Develop and foster strong relationships with publishers, third party vendors and media partners, with the goal of negotiating best in market rates, new creative and tech opportunities for our artist campaigns, encouraging innovation and smart tactical thinking
• Manage media budgets, draft and revise media schedules, along with accompanying rationale
• Deliver and report back to labels on a macro and micro level for digital media spend
• Support label marketing and promotion teams with timely, regular campaign updates, recommendations and strategic thought on optimizing campaign performance
• Be quick to act on ad hoc, short term requests – thinking smart and acting fast where required
• Take into consideration all facets of a campaign and how this interacts with the various departments within the label and the wider UMC business to form a strategic view of a campaign
• Using insights from a range of sources, both internal and external, to build a case for campaign strategy
• Preparing analysis and insight to accompany reports provided to the labels on campaign performance
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of innovation in ad platforms and formats and sharing this information with the UMC team and their distributed labels
• Upskilling internal teams on case studies, measurement and campaign learnings across the business & beyond
• Other duties as assigned
• 5+ years media planning experience within an agency or client-side environment.
• Deep expertise on paid social media tactics, and how they connect to the broader ecosystem.
• A solid understanding of the digital media ecosystem and technology, including exchanges, networks, social media platforms, media owners and AdTech
• An appreciation of how paid digital fits in the overall marketing/media strategy
• Proficiency in using digital research tools such as Google Analytics, social analytics, comScore / Nielsen and social listening / affinity tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong communication, project management, time management and analytical skills
• Experience of managing multiple campaigns in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to think creatively and strategically and identify and resolve problems within the available platforms
Please apply before November 25 , 20 20
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.