Universal Music Group
Note: This role is located in Charlotte, NC.
How you'll LEAD:
You will be a member of the data management and platform development team. You'll work in a collaborative, agile environment using the latest in engineering best practices with involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You will be responsible for designing & developing curated data products, applying standard architectural practices. You will primarily develop on Google Cloud Platform and other technologies such as BigQuery, Airflow, Python, SQL, Spark/PySpark, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes.
How you'll CREATE:
• Develop and maintain databases, datasets, pipelines and UMG's Customer Data Platform (CDP) to enable advanced segmentation, targeting, automation and analytics.
• Gather and understand data requirements, build complex data pipelines, and work to achieve high quality data ingestion goals.
• Build ETL processes and the creation of applications that can connect to remote APIs. Preferably including streaming data into environments such as BigQuery.
• Build and Deploy Data Pipelines on Google Cloud to enable AI & ML capabilities.
• Drive the development of cloud-based data warehouses & business intelligence platforms.
• Design and creation of data led strategies which provide businesses with opportunities to leverage their data for greater insight or performance.
• Proactively suggest, plan, and integrate new tools and methods to improve productivity, efficiency and reduce costs
Bring your VIBE:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years experience as a data warehouse engineer/architect designing and deploying data systems in a startup environment
• Mastery of database and data warehouse methodologies and techniques from transactional databases to dimensional data modeling, to wide deformalized data marts
• Deep understanding of SQL-based Big Data systems and experience with modern ETL tools
• Expertise in designing data warehouses using Google Big Query
• Experience developing data pipelines in Python
• Firm believer of data driven decision making, and extensive experience developing for high/elastic scalable, 24x7x365 high availability digital marketing or ecommerce systems
• Hands-on experience with data compute, storage, and security components and using Cloud Platform (preferably GCP) provided Big Data technologies
• Hands-on experience with real time streaming processing as well as high volume batch processing, and skilled in Advanced SQL, GCP BigQuery, Apache Kafka, Data-Lakes, etc.
• Hands-on Experience in Big Data technologies - Hadoop, Hive and Spark, and in an enterprise-scale Customer Data Platform (CDP)
• Experience in at least one programming language (Python strongly preferred), cloud computing platforms (e.g., GCP), big data tools such as Spark/PySpark, columnar datastores (BigQuery preferred), DevOps processes/tooling (CI/CD, GitHub Actions), infrastructure as code frameworks (Terraform), BI Tools (e.g. DOMO, Tableau, Looker,), pipeline orchestration (eg. Airflow)
• Fluency in data science/machine learning basics (model types, data prep, training process, etc.)
• Experience using version control systems (Git strongly preferred)
• Experience with data governance and data security
• Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, have a hunger to learn, and the ability to operate in a self-guided manner in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week ''Winter Break'' & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq2m1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.