Senior Financial Analyst
Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Are you interested in working in the music industry? Would you like to help develop unique and clever ways to drive the music industry into the future using data driven insights?
This role will support the commercial analytics group through the collection, organization, and analysis of pertinent data. Reports will be created, distributed and interpreted to enhance and measure current strategies, business models and sales/marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate should have experience in data analysis, with a solid understanding (or an eagerness to learn) the business models that are currently revolutionizing digital and subscription-based media. Experience with SQL, as well as Big Query, Tableau, DOMO, or other data manipulation / visualization platforms required.
How you'll CREATE:
• Develop concise and accurate reports to measure success of business initiatives
• Develop statistical tools for analysis that will enhance business efforts
• Gather and utilize internal UMG data as well as retail data
• Perform retail analysis to support advertising and program spending
• Manage data for reporting and distribution to appropriate audience (labels, UMG, customers)
Bring your VIBE:
• Understanding of statistics, mathematical formulas, analytical process and customer service
• Ability to understand how reports are generated and consumed
• Ability to communicate the meaning of data analysis and their relationship to current business strategies
• Attention to detail
• Strong product knowledge
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Superior knowledge of digital account providers and digital music/entertainment business
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with relational database reporting tools, SQL & Google Big Query
• Python and/or experience with APIs and data scraping technologies a plus
• Strong ability to analyze data, identify issues and generate solutions
• Bachelor's degree required
• Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
• Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
• 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
• Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
• A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
• 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
• Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
• Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
• 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
• 2-weeks paid Winter Break
• 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
• Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
• Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
Data, Analytics & Business Intelligence
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4qeny-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $720.00 to $0.00 Per Hour ($ USD)
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.