UMC is the label responsible for Universal Music Group's world class catalogue of recordings. Our purpose is to drive the continued cultural impact of our songs and artists.
Steeped in music culture and with a deep respect for artistry, our dynamic label is as exciting and creative as our artists – with teams working across audience development; creative; commercial; marketing; a&r and more.
With any recording over three years falling within our remit, our repertoire covers a vast variety of artists – from iconic like The Beatles, Bob Marley, Amy Winehouse, to the catalogues of current stars like The 1975, Jamie T and Lana Del Rey; plus the soundtracks of Disney.
Skills & Experience
• Work within frontline label teams (EMI) to drive catalogue consumption of on-roster frontline artists
• Develop label strategies that use active artists' catalogues as a platform for audience growth and new music
• Identify opportunities for catalogue growth and marketing for on-roster artists with catalogue
• Develop marketing campaigns and artist strategies that maximise all potential revenue streams and audience growth, for Frontline label's active on-roster artist catalogue. Such campaigns to complement and add value to artist's new music strategies
• Be the catalogue marketing expert in the frontline label, and instil catalogue best practice in frontline marketing, audience and commercial planning
• Develop and execute marketing, audience growth & commercial opportunities for priority active frontline catalogues ahead of large moments such as: new releases, press moments, viral/trending moments, tour, and key anniversary events
• Lead strategy and execution on catalogue campaigns at frontline label: working and communicating with artist management, as well as frontline and UMC Marketing Team
• Represent UMC within the assigned frontline label suggesting and developing catalogue strategy for artists in marketing, sales, digital, strategy, and partner meetings
• Use analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
• Use audience insights, consumption analytics and understanding of cultural context to deliver appropriate and relevant campaigns
• Work with frontline teams to execute & deliver catalogue campaigns and integrate effectively into overall artist plan
• Ensure reporting of campaigns, artist timelines, overall release schedule is communicated with both labels (UMC & assigned frontline label)
• Manage the rollout of optimised catalogue for new UMG & partner initiatives (Atmos + Spatial Audio, Music Video UpRes, Apple Motion Covers, etc.) at direction of UMC
• Manage related label budgets for assigned rosters artists campaigns
Be a subject matter expert:
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of assigned label's catalogue including history, charts, social media platforms, digital and grassroots marketing efforts
• Create and deliver regular updates for all campaigns highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority catalogue and releases, as well as monthly release updates to assigned frontline label
• Lead regular executive meetings between UMC and assigned frontline label
• A passion for music
• A great communicator with strong influencing skills & experience conveying creative ideas & plans to internal & external stakeholders
• A deep knowledge of audiences – including demographics, behaviours, and media habits
• A proven track record leading the development and execution of fully integrated marketing campaigns
• Fluent in data and can identify winning insights
• A proven track record developing marketing lifecycle campaigns moving audiences from awareness, to engagement to superfans
• Collaborative by nature and get energy bringing people together
• Comfortable in a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment and you have the maturity to bring stability to challenging situation
• Comfortable developing brand strategies using both quantitative and qualitative insights
• Motivated by long-term vision and strategy and ensure all campaign activity aligns.
• A keen eye for detail
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj91y1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.