Universal Music Group
Kings Cross, United Kingdom
UMC is the label responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group's world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences across multiple entry points and platforms and keep the world listening. From The Beatles to Massive Attack, through to the soundtracks of Disney, UMC develops strategies across audio, video, marketing, social, streaming and product development.
Our vision is a world where music doesn't have a sell-by date. We believe music is timeless and as guardians of the best music catalogues in the world, we use our passion and knowledge to help people find their new favourite song, whether it is 2 days or 2 decades old. Our purpose is to continually spark a connection and reconnection with music that matters drawing on new content, new platforms and new moments. We give momentarily forgotten music the chance to reconnect with new and unexpected audiences through great storytelling regardless of generation and genre.
Skills & Experience
Reporting to the Marketing Director, you'll be responsible for the planning and execution of our priority artist marketing plans, engaging new audiences across key marketing channels & partnerships to drive fan growth as well as retain and engage existing audiences.
You will be asked to lead on certain projects, ensuring a collaborative and fully integrated plan that is delivered on time and to budget. You will be a key part of a team reimagining the way audiences discover and rediscover their favourite music, tapping into culture to build on and enhance an artist's legacy.
Delivery of key marketing campaigns
• Plan & execute best-in-class marketing campaigns for Universal Music's catalogue artists
• Across pre-agreed projects, lead the project to ensure the delivery of a collaborative and fully integrated plan. Responsibilities include helping the group define key objectives and strategies, producing project updates, leading key meetings and once approved ensuring the project is delivered on time and to budget
• Create strategic alignment with cross-functional teams including A&R, Audience Development, creative content, planning & insight and business development ensuring that effective marketing activity is fully integrated in the overall plan
• Work closely with artists and their management teams & sell-in resulting marketing plans
• Develop pioneering campaigns that use storytelling to culturally connect with new fans & super fans alike
• Build content plans and manage content production tailored to different channels and audiences, ensuring messaging aligns with the overall communication strategy for a project
• Develops impactful & effective advertising assets with the content creation team or external agencies as appropriate
• Manage relationships with independent PR & promotions agencies to elevate our artist's profile across Press, TV & Radio
• Working with our media agencies develop advertising channel plan across TV, OOH, Radio & Digital including influencer marketing
• Manage relevant artist showcases and events
• Manage project marketing budgets under the direction of the Director of Marketing
• Build relationships with marketing teams in other global markets, seeking opportunities to collaborate and deliver fully integrated international marketing campaigns
• A passion for music
• A versatile marketer with a leading brand or agency that has played a role in shaping culture
• A great communicator with strong influencing skills & experience conveying creative ideas & plans to internal & external stakeholders
• A deep knowledge of audiences – including demographics, behaviours, and media habits
• A proven track record leading the development and execution of fully integrated marketing campaigns
• Fluent in data and can identify winning insights
• A proven track record developing marketing lifecycle campaigns moving audiences from awareness, to engagement to superfans
• Collaborative by nature and get energy bringing people together
• Comfortable in a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment and you have the maturity to bring stability to challenging situation
• Comfortable developing brand strategies using both quantitative and qualitative insights
• Motivated by long-term vision and strategy and ensure all campaign activity aligns
• A keen eye for detail
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills and the ability to deal with difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
• Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
• Private Medical Insurance
• 25 paid days of annual leave
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Holiday Purchase scheme
• Dental and Travel Insurance options
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Cars
• Subsidised Gym Membership
• Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11w4y-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.